How to add a new plugin?
Question 
I was trying to follow the information on this page on how to write a new plugin: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...s_for_XBMC

but although it goes really deep into the actual code (which doesn't interest me much, I'm not writing yet another scraper) it doesn't seem to have any information on how to actually INSTALL a new plugin.

I tried just copying an existing plugin int he .xbmc/addons and changing the meta-information found in the addon.xml file, but the plugin won't show up in the list of installed plugins.

Can anyone explain to me how to make that work?

Thanks
simplest way is to zip up your files, make sure to retain the file structure of your plugin/addon and install from with XMC interface (install addons from zip)
Question 
Thanks for your reply!

But a little bit more detail: should the zip include the plugin directory itself? ("plugin.video.zzzzz") or just its contents?
And afterwards can I just make changes to the installed files for testing purposes or do I have to re-install the zip each time?
right the zip file should contain the folder plugin.video.zzzzz
Normally you can make any changes to your python code without having to reinstall.
Thumbs Up 
Ok, working fine now. Thanks!
(have another problem but will open a seperate thread for it)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to add a new plugin?0