Out of the blue nothing will play
Well now this is odd.

Everything works fine for weeks. I have changed nothing.

Goes to play futurame film and the screen goes black as if its going to start then it simply goes back to the movies menu.

Does this for all films.

Restarting the mac has not helped. The movies are available the shares are mounted etc.

Any ideas?

http://pastebin.com/vv0rqn0B
OK worked it out and incase anyone is interested:

There is a prgramme called songbook, which is a UPNP control point for OSX. I was running this for the first time on Another mac on the network. Curiously this mac is not connected with XBMC in anyway, i.e. its not a share or anything.

However when songbook is running, no videos will work on XBMC.

So there you go.
looks like you did change something after all...
Well no I didn't

As stated the XBMC runs on a mac mini in the living room. I ran songbook on an imac in the dining room.

The living room mac is in no was associated with the dining room mac (apart from being on the same LAN)

So there is an issue there for either xbmc or songbook.
Quote:I have changed nothing.
Quote:I was running this for the first time on Another mac on the network
Yea you were.
Your shares are networked... you installed something on the network...

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
My shares that the living room mini tap is a NAS, the living room XBMC does not use the dining room mac for shares at all. The dining room mac is not connected with XBMC in anyway as a redundant share or anything.

It would be like saying I opened microsoft word on my dining room mac and it stopped XBMC working in the living room. Makes no sense, yet this is what happened with song book.

As no one seems interested and I sorted it out, its really no bother. Unusual though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Out of the blue nothing will play0