PVR Natty
Any news on PVR Natty support?
I am also interested to test tvheadend with natty.
working on it now
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
i have a working installment with tvheadend from hts repository and opdenkamp pvr compiled from sources and everything is working well since i got rid of unity Smile
so, it just works, once you understand that, in order to have a working (and nicely looking) xbmc you have to completely disable compiz (and, if you own nvidia, put composite=disable in xorg.conf)... if you were looking for natty packages, you have to wait for dush :p
succo Wrote:i have a working installment with tvheadend from hts repository and opdenkamp pvr compiled from sources and everything is working well since i got rid of unity Smile
so, it just works, once you understand that, in order to have a working (and nicely looking) xbmc you have to completely disable compiz (and, if you own nvidia, put composite=disable in xorg.conf)... if you were looking for natty packages, you have to wait for dush :p

How to disable compiz and why?
because with compiz enabled you will end with a 'nice' tearing effect in any video (tearing is when you see an horizontal division in the screen when the video is moving laft or right)
what i did to disable compiz was apt-get purge compiz*, which ended in removing unity and ubuntu-desktop too; this doesn't mean that you won't have no gnome at all, just that you will have no visual effects in gnome. after that, as somehow the tearing was still there i added
Code:
Section "Extensions"
  Option "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection
to /etc/X11/xorg.conf as recommended here and enabled vertical sync and everything is working great in both my natty pvr installment and my natty regular xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Natty0