BluRay & DVD Cases
First off I would like to say that this is a fantastic skin. This skin covers just about everything one would need in a skin. With that said, I was hoping to modify the default Bluray/DVD covers that surrounds the cover art. For some reason the covers I have are very blurry. I was hoping to get this excellent mod from Nessus.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70031

Unfortunately, the files for that mod are no longer available. Hopefully the user who made that mod will see this thread and be generous enough to help me out. If not, can someone point me in the right direction so that I can modify these templates? I am trying to locate where the settings would be for the Bluray/DVD covers. i have not been able to find it. If someone can help out, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
axioms Wrote:I am trying to locate where the settings would be for the Bluray/DVD covers.

not sure what settings you are referring to?

the case images are compiled in Textures.xbt,
so if you want to change them, checkout the source images from svn.

or modify every reference of case$INFO[ListItem.VideoResolution].png
in all xml files and make it point to your custom cases.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Sorry for being so vague. I am just trying do what nessus did in the thread I linked. In that thread you stated that his was a very creative solution to modify the existing cases. I was just wondering how he did it. I cannot get the modified XML files that were used as they are no longer being served. I have no reference on how it was done. I am just trying to get a handle on how to mod the covers in this way. I am using a stable version of T!, so whatever was done by nessus is what i would like to do, or at least try. Or I could just wait until the next stable release of T!. Am I right to assume that this mod (by nessus) will be incorporated into the next release?
ok, got it.

well, i don't have his code, nor the cases he used either,
so can't help you with that.

all i can tell is, it's gonna take a lot of coding if you want to mod T!
to make use of those cases.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
No, no coding for me. No Hopefully someone can pop in and supply the code he used. In the mean time, is their anyway i can improve the resolution of the covers that come with T!? Mine are very blurry/grainy. I would be content too just use the default ones, they are just very grainy. Will the next relaese of T! have this mod?
axioms Wrote:In the mean time, is their anyway i can improve the resolution of the covers that come with T!? Mine are very blurry/grainy. I would be content too just use the default ones, they are just very grainy.

other than to re-create them in a higher resolution, i wouldn't know.

axioms Wrote:Will the next relaese of T! have this mod?

nope, i'm perfectly happy with the current ones. :-)
ronie Wrote:other than to re-create them in a higher resolution, i wouldn't know.

nope, i'm perfectly happy with the current ones. :-)

I am sorry. I meant no disrespect. Your current covers are fine. Its just nice to have options.
axioms... even if i find the files i don't think (I'm rather sure) that this mod will work on new versions of T!. As ronie says it took a lot of coding from me to make T! use those cases and i don't know if is easy to make it work for the new versions. T! is one of the most difficult skins in code part and as new things are added is getting more and more complicated (thanks to ronie Big Grin) in every new version.

In any case i will take a look if.... i find the files and i'll get back to you.

Cheers
Nessus
Thanks nessus. I really appreciate it.
Done.

Original thread updated.

Cheers
Nessus
Download link not working.
bobrap Wrote:Download link not working.

Fixed.

Sorry about that. SkyDrive is messing around.

Cheers
Nessus
Still not working for mSad
I just checked. Its working fine. Please try again.

Anyone else has problem ??
Works fine here as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BluRay & DVD Cases0