eMachine ER1401 now £199
now £199 on ebuyer http://www.ebuyer.com/total-mayhem?hpb=1

With windows 7 64bit

Any idea if this is good enough to run 1080p full bluray rips on xbmc?

The other emachines thread seems to have had a few people with potential issues but this was a year ago!!!

Anyone?
why not get the acer R3700. Theres alot more support on here for it. Although no OS, its slightly cheaper too.
djashjones Wrote:why not get the acer R3700. Theres alot more support on here for it. Although no OS, its slightly cheaper too.

Yeah I know its a bit cheaper but I will probably have to add in the cost of windows as I think the 3700 only fully works with windows (otherwise stuttering issues)

The revo is probably what I will go for maybe even go with the 3610 rather than the 3700 as there seems to be less issues with the older model
i looked at the 3610 but they seem to hold their value if not more expensive than the 3700 when i last looked on ebay Sad
they are now £129 for Linux verison
Anybody any ideas how much RAM you can allocate to the graphics on these er1401 machines? Is it like the R3610 where you can allocate 512MB RAM?
This is down to £130 now: http://www.ebuyer.com/267867-emachine-er...-nbzec-004

I have a 1TB 3.5" drive laying around, I know this eMachine unit will only take 2.5" drives but I wonder if it would be possible to run the 3.5" externally with a longer SATA/Power lead?

This would be my very first HTPC so apologies if my question sounded noobish Smile
honeslty, i dont wanna break the party here but,
i would avoid using an eMachine ER1401 as HTPC...
a user had nothing but trouble with it,,,
the other side of the coin: mine ran sweetly running XBMC live upgraded to pre-eden for pvr use. I think the other user felt uncomfortable using linux and found it too sluggish when using xbmc in windows 7.
cheap n cheerful if all you wanna use it for is Live.
hey i had lots of problems with the ER1401 on ubuntu (mainly audio support).. windows it was perfect though.

Openelec/Live were very easy since their audio solution is slick. for the 119 price, I can understand choosing it because its by far the best value for money machine. however, i dont like these mini machines if u plan to upgrade performance cos supposedley putting an SSd/RAM into it is impossible near enough

oh and FYI, its not down to 129.... its up from 119 to 129. i bought it a few weeks ago for 119.
Major Props Poofy and Eskro! Check out their sigs for the best help/advice.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
eMachine ER1401 now £1990