[IPAD1] Any way to play 5.1 as 2.0 Audio? Pluggin? Voices only out of right channel.
I just started playing movies on my IPAD while on my commute. Most of the movies I have are encoded in 5.1. I thought that if I switched to 2.0, that XBMC would automatically convert the audio on the fly. Now I am not sure if this is a bug, or something I am doing, but this is what is happening:

When I play a movie using my head phones, I hear everything, except the voices are only coming out of the right channel. There is a very very vague hint in the left channel. Yet again, this is just the voices. So I am assuming the center channel is going to the right and not being split between the left and the right.

So I was wondering, if there a plugin or something that will convert this on the fly. Is there specific settings I need to set. Is there something I am missing?

Thanks for any help.
xbmc.log since we have no clue which version you are running.
I will post the log later tonight. However I am using: XBMC-iOS 10.0-7 if this helps.

[edit] Just checked the sticky, this was a reported bug for XBMC-iOS 10.0-7.

It was the down mixing issue. Anyone know if this was fixed in a nightly build?

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[IPAD1] Any way to play 5.1 as 2.0 Audio? Pluggin? Voices only out of right channel.0