Kinda overkilled on my new htpc
eskro Wrote:after installing win7 x64 on my 32GB Corsair Nove,
i went ahead an followed these steps to optimise my SSD --> Here!
after doing all of those and installing all my apps too,
i have 18GB of free space!! i'm very happy wth my SSD!

Take 2 GB off of that so 16GB free 80% capacity is 24GB or there about so 8 GB left and those sizes will vary on different machines/hardware and if windows doesn't grow over time I'll eat my hat winsxs folder has a habit of doing this even MS state system requirements for win 7 64bit as 20GB

If you also cache your artwork at a larger size and have a growing movie tv collection then I personally would have liked more space

It can come as a bit of a surprise when half your drive has gone and you've only installed the OS on a 30GB SSD that's the only reason for mentioning it

Only thing I didn't do is disable System Restore but limited it to a tiny fraction of space enough for a couple of restore points
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
i keep my movie fanarts and such on my media drive...
i dont store nothing on my c drive... that helps alot
What do you mean are your using MySQL ?

If you mean you have fanart thumb and nfo in with the movie file and your using XBMC as normal then all your artwork is cached on your SSD XBMC doesn't pull artwork on the fly your find it all in

\userdata\Thumbnails\Video
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
hmmm,,,
i guess XBMC doesn't pull artwork on the fly like u say....
isnt there a way to make it do this on the fly?
i mean, thats the whole point of having fanarts, thumbs and nfos inside the movie folders..
I don't think even when using MySQL the artwork is on the server just the database, I think if your running linux you can have them on a share then mount that to your thumbnails directory but I'm not entirely sure never tried it

If XBMC had to pull the actual artwork there would be lag from the network and pulling full size images would make it worse and use a lot more CPU this is why its cached to begin with even increasing cache size for thumbs uses more CPU

Aeon actually does pull the artwork on the video info screen but it still displays the cached one first I changed another skin to do this and forgot to include the cached version and there was quite a lag before it appeared
yeah well, its still ok,,,
im not afraid of runnning out of SSD space...
i still have 18GB of space...
branlr Wrote:my htpc doubles as my main machine/light gaming machine/encoding machine, and I like to have a lot of the large bulky programs on there, such as photoshop, because you never know when you'll need to photoshop something
You're doing it wrong Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kinda overkilled on my new htpc0