Why has files view been removed from SVN?
Hey!

This skin is by far my favourite but why has "files" view for tv shows been removed in the SVN?

It's the only view where I can see all of my shows at the same time and see watched status for every single one at the same time.

In fact as Im writing I might as well make a request.

The only other view I have seen in any other skin which lets me see all of my tv shows and their watched status at the same time thats not the files view is the panel tall view from alaska.

It looks like this: http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/31/screenshot005ytl.jpg

So an added view with that functionality/practicality would also be highly appreciated.

Thanks for the GREAT work! Smile
well, to annoy you of course!

never mind that 'files' entry in the root of the library.

and no, this has nothing to do with the skin.
spiff Wrote:well, to annoy you of course!

never mind that 'files' entry in the root of the library.

and no, this has nothing to do with the skin.

Constructive replies are preferable.

Even more so if they are written in a way that makes sense to me.

You are not making me feel welcome by insinuating that I am stupid.

The files view is gone and I use it, I even wrote specifically why I use it.
So an explanation and/or a recommendation for a solution would be what I expected.
HUH?

as i said, it's been integrated in the library. there's no file view any more cause you can view your files in the library view.

nowhere did i insinuate anything, at least not on purpose. it was a lame joke, and that is all it was.
spiff Wrote:HUH?

as i said, it's been integrated in the library. there's no file view any more cause you can view your files in the library view.

nowhere did i insinuate anything, at least not on purpose. it was a lame joke, and that is all it was.

Yes, you can view your files but you cannot see an overview of which shows have unwatched episodes and not.

So the "list" view does not work as well as the "files" view did in the old version.

Is this something that may be fixed later on or will there be another view with better overview of a high number of shows?
spiff, there was (/is?) a library view type in Neon called Files, I'm not running the latest checkout to confirm the OP's claims that it's no longer present but I don't believe they are discussing the Library/File mode difference that XBMC had previously.

I could be wrong and that's exactly what they are on about but I sense this is crossed wires.
oh. that might be. ignore me then, at least i tried to be helpful. and as happens way too often around here, that is apparently a bad thing.
In the latest SVN there is no library view for tv shows called files, but instead a view called "list" that is almost the same except that you cannot se watched/unwatched status for your shows.

And now I cannot see watched/unwatched status for all my shows anymore.
spiff Wrote:at least i tried to be helpful. and as happens way too often around here, that is apparently a bad thing.

Trying to help is never a bad thing, I just thought I should throw it out there that you two might be on different pages before everyone became more confused.

I do get the feeling this is something that only stoli can answer though.
spiff Wrote:oh. that might be. ignore me then, at least i tried to be helpful. and as happens way too often around here, that is apparently a bad thing.

Im sorry if it seemed as though I did not appreciate your help.
I appreciate your effort very much, I was just trying to be clearer on my problem.

I truly am sorry if I came off as that kind of guy.
spiff Wrote:oh. that might be. ignore me then, at least i tried to be helpful. and as happens way too often around here, that is apparently a bad thing.

It's all good spiff - I pushed an update to the view called "List" that is the default for Files that I think broke the watched overlay. So it's a little of both, the new aspect of Files in the Library and a possible bug in a view called "List."

Thanks,
-stoli-
ScrotzaN Wrote:Im sorry if it seemed as though I did not appreciate your help.
I appreciate your effort very much, I was just trying to be clearer on my problem.

I truly am sorry if I came off as that kind of guy.

apology accepted Smile
ScrotzaN Wrote:Hey!

This skin is by far my favourite but why has "files" view for tv shows been removed in the SVN?

It's the only view where I can see all of my shows at the same time and see watched status for every single one at the same time.

Updated with watched flags now.
-stoli-
ScrotzaN Wrote:In the latest SVN there is no library view for tv shows called files, but instead a view called "list" that is almost the same except that you cannot se watched/unwatched status for your shows.

And now I cannot see watched/unwatched status for all my shows anymore.
Then drop back to xbmc 10.1 for files mode go to videos / files there sorted, now that was not so hard. the other alternative is to use library mode.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
paul Wrote:Then drop back to xbmc 10.1 for files mode go to videos / files there sorted, now that was not so hard. the other alternative is to use library mode.

That's wasn't the issue - I pushed an update to the default Files view to one that did not have the watched flag included. The issue would have existed in Dharma or Eden builds - it has since been fixed.
-stoli-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why has files view been removed from SVN?0