Can't forget old source
Hi guys,

I had my video files on a SMB network share. I have now moved them onto the same back as XBMC is running. I removed the old sources, and readded the, pointing to the new location.

I cleaned the database, and did a rescan. It seemed to scan. I then loaded my movies, but noticed some were missing. (I had added some new ones as well, to my local source). They were missing. I then checked the path (within XBMC) of the movies, and they were still pointing to the SMB source. It seems I can't get the source to point to my local folder. Even though in the source settings, it says my local d:\Movies

Can anyone tell me how I can make XBMC forget the SMB source?
I am afraid that I too went down this path. You might find it much quicker to un-install XBMC and reinstall it. After hours and hours of fiddling and "foruming", it proved to be the most expedient.
Or rename the video database rather than reinstall the whole thing. You'll get to save your other settings this way.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
fishypops Wrote:You might find it much quicker to un-install XBMC and reinstall it.

I might have to do that.

renaming the database... how do you do that? I'm not sure where the (mySql??) database is stored. And the steps would be, shut down XBMC, find and renamed DB file, and then start up XBMC... and it will automatically re-create and re-populate the database, based on the source paths?
The database is stored in your userdata folder which varies according to what system you are using. Check out the wiki for all the details. In windows this directory is usually hidden.

The db is an sqlite db, unless you have set up a mySQL db using advancedsettings.xml.

And the steps you describe are right. If you rename the db (or delete it) XBMC will create a new DB and when you enter the source and scrape it will populate that new DB
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't forget old source0