Problems with adding SMB video sources
I am trying to add some SMB connections as video sources. But when I choose "Browse", and then choose my domain name (which is the only choice, as it should be), I only see one computer listed. Yet there are 3 on the domain. It is not showing the XP Pro machine, nor the Linux machine running SAMBA.

Yet if I search the network on any machine (Windows or Linux), I do see all 3. IOW, it's only the SMB client on the AppleTV2 that is not seeing all the computers on the domain. I can browse to all 3 machines from anything except the AppleTV client.

I do have a WINS server, and have set that in the options of the SMB client. And also chose the domain as the workgroup.

Where should I look next?
What version IOS is on it and what jailbreak method did you use? There is a problem with the sn0wbreeze jailbreak. Changing to seasonpass jailbreak fixes it.
Nefarious1 Wrote:What version IOS is on it and what jailbreak method did you use? There is a problem with the sn0wbreeze jailbreak. Changing to seasonpass jailbreak fixes it.

IOS version = 4.2.1
Jailbroken with latest Seas0nPass (I did it about a week ago)
XBMC version = 10.0-7

I installed aTV2 Flash (black) from FireCore, and installed XBMC as one of it's options.
I've had all kinds of freaky problems, many times they seem to correct themselves, what didn'T work yesterday will work today and so on.

First see if you have any more luck seeing your smb with the zeroconf browser and if that doesn't work instead of browsing try typing it instead. You wouldn'T think it would make a difference but it did for me.
RobertJapan Wrote:I've had all kinds of freaky problems, many times they seem to correct themselves, what didn'T work yesterday will work today and so on.

First see if you have any more luck seeing your smb with the zeroconf browser and if that doesn't work instead of browsing try typing it instead. You wouldn'T think it would make a difference but it did for me.

I ended up editing the sources.xml directly (location is specified in the FAQ), so I removed my obsolete entries, and fixed the entry that I had made with just the IP address (it was missing the protocol identifier - the 'smb://' portion. Once I fixed that, everything worked wonderfully!

Thanks for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with adding SMB video sources0