How to stop XBMC from scraping movies?!?!?
I looked around and could not find this. I XBMC is the bee's knees, but I do not like the scraper. It always messes my movies up, and I realize that no metadata program is perfect, but they normally let you find the info it can't. The only problem is when I turn scans off so it doesn't try and download metadata, XBMC will only have like 4 movies in library mode. Can anyone help or give some good advise? Thanks for your time.
OK what scraper do you have your movie directory setup to use? I have found that imdb is the best scraper for movies, I never have to rename any downloads it finds everything flawlessly for me. If your using Dharma you might need to go into Settings>Add-ons>Get Add-ons>xbmc.org add-ons>Movie Information> IMDB, Click Install, once enabled go back to your movie directory and right click then select set content, then pick movies and select imdb from the list and check run automated scan and use folder names for lookups, and scan recursivley, Press ok it might ask if you want to refresh info for all items in this path, just click yes and wait for xbmc to do its magic. You should hopefully now have your correct cover art and infos scraped.
Well I don't use scrapers in XBMC, I use a separate program called Embermedia. I 've go library mode working well but occasionally XBMC will adjust posters and movie info and it's for the wrong movie.
To turn off scraping press c over the source you want to stop scraping (in files view).
This brings up the contextual menu. Press Set Content then change content to none.

Think that works.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Joeforsale Wrote:Well I don't use scrapers in XBMC, I use a separate program called Embermedia. I 've go library mode working well but occasionally XBMC will adjust posters and movie info and it's for the wrong movie.

Are you looking to tell XBMC to only use NFO files and not use the online search as a fallback? If so, you can try the "fake scraper" provided in this post:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=283031&postcount=8

It's rather old so it may need some tweaking to work with recent versions of XBMC, but I installed it on my 2 XBox setups about 18 months ago and have been very pleased. You'll select LocalNFO as your scraper instead of IMDB or TMDB.

Essentially, it prevents anything from being added to the library until an NFO file is provided. Once you've created the NFO file, the movie will be added during the next library update.

There is also a feature request for this, but it hasn't had any attention in a long while - http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5382

Hope this helps.
Actually, once XBMC finds an nfo file it uses the local metadata. It doesn´t event try to scrape anything from internet. And it´s XBMC´s behavior, scraper-independent.
enoklinger Wrote:Actually, once XBMC finds an nfo file it uses the local metadata. It doesn´t event try to scrape anything from internet. And it´s XBMC´s behavior, scraper-independent.

I don't think that's the case for the iOS version. I had this same issue going on. I spent quite a bit of time getting everything updated in Ember, but when I add the source, and set it to movies... well, it's like it has a mind of it's own. It always pulls down it's own cover art.
enoklinger Wrote:Actually, once XBMC finds an nfo file it uses the local metadata. It doesn´t event try to scrape anything from internet. And it´s XBMC´s behavior, scraper-independent.

True. The scenario that the "fake scraper" I referenced handles is this:

Assume a new movie is added to the source folder without an NFO file. Then let's say that before the user gets around to creating the NFO file (or has a tool do it), XBMC gets started and has "Auto-update library" turned on.

- By default, XBMC then uses the scraper selected in the "Set Content" dialog to guess at and scrape the new movie that was added and puts it in the library.

- But with the "fake scraper" selected in "Set Content", the new file is simply ignored until an update is done with an NFO file present. Similarly, it doesn't go grab any artwork for the movie that isn't already stored next to the media file.

It eliminates the population of bad data and helps ensure a very clean library for those who want it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to stop XBMC from scraping movies?!?!?0