Asrock Vision 3D 137B can't even handle 1080p
Hello,

Long time reader/user, first time poster.

So here is my problem. I just bought a Asrock Vision 3D 137B after I've been reading many positive posts about this little HTPC machine.

My setup is running win7 64bit with xbmc, but... It can't play a 1080p mkv file smooth. Did I miss something? I thought a core i3 cpu would be more than enough to get a decent movie experience?

Anyone here who made this computer capable of 1080p playback with win7?

Really hope someone got a solution Sad
maybe you have to enable DVXA2 hardware acelleration inside the settings?
Hmmm you have something majorly wrong somewhere.... that machine without DXVA/VDPAU will chew 1080p as well as Call Of Duty MW and Battlefield 2!
Core i3 - 4/8GB 1066 RAM - GT425 GFX, designed for HTPC and Blu-Ray etc...

Make sure all your drivers are installed and yep enable DXVA2 under the video playback settings.
DVXA2 was enabled, and yes... the correct drivers from the cd is installed.

So after several hours of trying everything, i tried turning off the Aero theme. Bum... now it can play 1080p hight quality mkv files with the cpu peaking at 20%.

Still wierd I have to turn that off for making it capable of 1080p playback.
Personally I go online and get the latest drivers... I never use the installer CDs... they always seem to be out of date... Huh
Something doesn't seem right. With an i3, even without DXVA, it should play 1080p without any trouble. My i3-2100t has no issues in both software (XBMC) and hardware mode (MPC-HC). Btw, DXVA2 won't work with the intel graphics in XBMC, and will produce lots of macroblocking. Works fine with MPC-HC though
Ahm, it's pretty important for me to get this cleared up.

Can or can this machine not run XBMC with this AEON theme? Is it bad coded? or how come it can make this machine stutter on 1080pHuh

I really want this machine, and only your post is stopping me.

Would it benefit you to run dual boot with linux xbmc install maybe?!

Oo
orion2001 Wrote:Something doesn't seem right. With an i3, even without DXVA, it should play 1080p without any trouble. My i3-2100t has no issues in both software (XBMC) and hardware mode (MPC-HC). Btw, DXVA2 won't work with the intel graphics in XBMC, and will produce lots of macroblocking. Works fine with MPC-HC though

FWIW the Vision 3D comes with a mobile version of the i3.....it still should be enough but I don't think it even comes close to your i3-2100.
dvined Wrote:Ahm, it's pretty important for me to get this cleared up.

Can or can this machine not run XBMC with this AEON theme? Is it bad coded? or how come it can make this machine stutter on 1080pHuh

I really want this machine, and only your post is stopping me.

Would it benefit you to run dual boot with linux xbmc install maybe?!

Oo

OP turned off Win7 AERO not AEON XBMC theme
Kratlusker Wrote:DVXA2 was enabled, and yes... the correct drivers from the cd is installed.

Get the Nvidia driver from their website.

Drevy, sry misread it...
Dvined, you dont have to worry about this machine. It will handle everything. I did a driver reinstall and it worked flawless. Something was really messed up.

The core i3 on my machine wont handle the heaviest 1080p alone. It need help from the GPU, so just make sure to have DXVA enabled.

This machine along with 2 xbox controllers is the best buy I did in a long time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asrock Vision 3D 137B can't even handle 1080p0