new to XBMC (from a Media Browser user)
No, I'm not switching, but I have installed XBMC. Other than liking the idea of the Trivia add-on I haven't done much...yet.

Here is the background: I am developing a program that will download HD movie trailers from Yahoo for every movie in your library (given one exists). The thing is with MB I have all trailers for each movie stored in a trailer folder within the movie folder:

G:\Movies\Some Movie (1999)\Trailers\

There is no limit to how many I can have in there and downloading the trailers from Yahoo gives me much more than just trailers, there are featurettes, delete scenes, etc.. (all in HD mind you).

With XBMC it seems I must name the trailer Some Movie (1999)-trailer.mp4 and am limited to just one. Is this correct?

I am trying to make the program usable by XBMC users as well.

Now to my real problem with XBMC... I mentioned the trailers folders right? Did I mention there are approximately 680 of them? No? Well there is one per movie in my library and so what happens when I add my library to XBMC you ask. Good question! I end up with about 680 Trailer Park Boys (1999) movies in the collection! Wooooooooooooo!

Well that sucked...

A little more info about my library: I used Yammm to get the meta info for everything and I had it create the .nfo as well. I can't seem to prevent XBMC from grabbing the info that is already local. And there seems to be no way, short of deleting every trailer folder, of removing the 600+copies of trailer park boys.

So what do I do short of making a program that creates a new folder and creates links for every movie. (A virtual library for XBMC to use)
lithodora Wrote:No, I'm not switching, but I have installed XBMC. Other than liking the idea of the Trivia add-on I haven't done much...yet.

Here is the background: I am developing a program that will download HD movie trailers from Yahoo for every movie in your library (given one exists). The thing is with MB I have all trailers for each movie stored in a trailer folder within the movie folder:

G:\Movies\Some Movie (1999)\Trailers\

There is no limit to how many I can have in there and downloading the trailers from Yahoo gives me much more than just trailers, there are featurettes, delete scenes, etc.. (all in HD mind you).

With XBMC it seems I must name the trailer Some Movie (1999)-trailer.mp4 and am limited to just one. Is this correct?

I am trying to make the program usable by XBMC users as well.

Now to my real problem with XBMC... I mentioned the trailers folders right? Did I mention there are approximately 680 of them? No? Well there is one per movie in my library and so what happens when I add my library to XBMC you ask. Good question! I end up with about 680 Trailer Park Boys (1999) movies in the collection! Wooooooooooooo!

Well that sucked...

A little more info about my library: I used Yammm to get the meta info for everything and I had it create the .nfo as well. I can't seem to prevent XBMC from grabbing the info that is already local. And there seems to be no way, short of deleting every trailer folder, of removing the 600+copies of trailer park boys.

So what do I do short of making a program that creates a new folder and creates links for every movie. (A virtual library for XBMC to use)

you dont need a trailer folder:
Code:
G:\Movies\Some Movie (1999)\
G:\Movies\Some Movie (1999)\MovieName.Ext
G:\Movies\Some Movie (1999)\MovieName-trailer.Ext
That is the way you use local Trailers with Xbmc
lithodora Wrote:With XBMC it seems I must name the trailer Some Movie (1999)-trailer.mp4 and am limited to just one. Is this correct?

I guess for the purposes of my testing I'll write a program that will create a new library then:
Code:
G:\XBMCMovies\Some Movie (1999)\
G:\XBMCMovies\Some Movie (1999)\MovieName.ext.lnk
G:\XBMCMovies\Some Movie (1999)\MovieName.nfo.lnk
G:\XBMCMovies\Some Movie (1999)\MovieName-trailer.ext.lnk

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new to XBMC (from a Media Browser user)0