Archive of old releases
Hi all.

Struggling with a switch from Windows to Linux (Ubuntu) and all is up and running fine except lip sync that is drifting throughout the movies. In windows I use a nightly build, "XBMCSetup-20120601-cdd9c64-master.exe" to be exact. This build is great and lip sync is spot-on. Upgrading to the latest releases screws lip sync up (you have to be sensitive to see it but it is drifting +- 20ms).

I was wondering if it is possible to somehow download the source code for the 2012-06-01 release and compile it manually on my Linux box. I want to see if this will restore lip sync to be spot-on.

Any ideas?

Thanks for a great software,
Jacob
git clone git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git
git checkout cdd9c64

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks!
I've now built cdd9c64 on my Ubuntu and... Lip-sync errors are gone...

I have two xbmc binaries, one in /usr/bin and one in /usr/local/bin - I can easily switch between them and the difference is clear. In cdd9c64 the lipsync is not drifting - it is constant and can easily be adjusted in the AVR. In the latest, it is drifting and since it is not constant it is impossible to adjust the AVR to get perfect lipsync.

If a developer wants my help to do any testing - feel free to PM me. I will keep both the latest and cdd9c64 on my system for testing purposes.

/ j
And a second note:

With the latest xbmc, lipsync is perfect while running at 60hz and no drifting. But 23.976/24.000hz shows a clear lipsync drift.

/ j

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive of old releases0