could this be the xbmc box?
Android-based. 1080p playback. Palm sized. Under US$200.

http://www.kogan.com.au/shop/agora-internet-android-tv/
I'm guessing as ARM isn't quite supported yet - no.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
The remote is pretty cool.
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Arm is supported just not Google Android yet.

The Kogan box is supposedly using a Samsung SoC of some kind perhaps Hummingbird core if true that's putting it on par with AppleTV2 as the Apple A4 & Hummingbird are supposed to be very similar.
This looks very nice. (appart from the very visable logo that perhaps some will find less graphical/feel good appealing then the apple logo)

If the HW is up to par it could be what we have been waiting for.
looks pretty cool. hopefully this will push xbmc onto android since its nicely priced.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
If you want a xbmc box, i recommend http://www.trimslice.com
Just because runs android doesn't mean it couldn't be rooted to run something else like the SheevaPlug.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Starstream Wrote:Arm is supported just not Google Android yet.

The Kogan box is supposedly using a Samsung SoC of some kind perhaps Hummingbird core if true that's putting it on par with AppleTV2 as the Apple A4 & Hummingbird are supposed to be very similar.

The hummingbirds gpu is actually faster than the one in atv2. What is needed is a powerful video decode chip, afaik most hummingbird based ones doesn't have any significant punch in this area
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Both the Agora and Trim Slice look pretty slick. Will it perform well enough though? I remember Boxee dropped the Tegra2 because of performance (I think?) right?
Not bad. I would like to see XBMC on it too.

radiantdreamer Wrote:Both the Agora and Trim Slice look pretty slick. Will it perform well enough though? I remember Boxee dropped the Tegra2 because of performance (I think?) right?

The Tegra2 might have a problem with h.264 HD decoding.
This might be an option..
http://www.raspberrypi.org
effbiai Wrote:This might be an option..
http://www.raspberrypi.org

Ooookaaayy...
USB size? How do they plan to support all the in/outputs with a thumb size device? Another - much bigger - box with all the connections? Less than 1W consumption? Right...
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
hudo Wrote:Ooookaaayy...
USB size? How do they plan to support all the in/outputs with a thumb size device? Another - much bigger - box with all the connections? Less than 1W consumption? Right...

They have a working prototype, didnt you notice that? Has a hdmi port on one end, a usb port on the other end, and the power is wired in on the side. I havnt seen it performance wise, but it works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
could this be the xbmc box?0