Family videos
hello,

i understand this may be a little off topic but you guys are the smartest people i know Smile

we just got a new mini-dv camera for home videos...what is the best codec and settings to use to edit and playback the videos on the xbmc?

we have been using studio 9 for the editing but i haven't been to happey with the quailty of the playback using the normal dv codec...looks like i have an interlace problem when playing thru the xbmc. i have tryed other codec's with out much luck. i'm hoping someone else is doing this and can point me in the right direction.

thanks for the help.
hi -

i would recommend encoding to divx pro. you will have to deinterlace the video during the encoding process, most video editors should have an option for this.

the other option would be to encode to dvd-standard mpeg-2 format, this would allow you to burn your videos to dvds and play them in (almost) any player. if you're only going to play through xbmc though, divx offers better quality/compression.

http://www.doom9.org has very good information on all aspects of video encoding.

hope this helps,

-y

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Family videos0