[cirrus extended] Make logo.downloader script batch download posters
What do I have to change in the logo-downloader script to make it download posters like it's done in the 'Get Logo->posters' option?

All TV Series are using banners and they look stretched, and dont want to go 1 by 1 getting the posters.
Press "i" on selected tv show, scroll to the right and you see "get logo" button. There you can choose what to download. I know it's weird because the button is hidden. Big changes are coming soon with update to cirrus extended 2.0 so stay tuned Smile
butchabay Wrote:Press "i" on selected tv show, scroll to the right and you see "get logo" button. There you can choose what to download. I know it's weird because the button is hidden. Big changes are coming soon with update to cirrus extended 2.0 so stay tuned Smile

Yes, I know about that button. I was hoping for a "batch" option. The 'Run Logo Downloader' option in 'Skin Settings->Extended Mod' menu does not do it, just gets other things "logo/banner/..".

Since the same script gets the Poster in the 'Get Logo' button (Solo mode) I thought I could edit it to get posters in Batch mode. So any ideas on what to change to do it?
Logo downloader is a script, so i assume there is nothing to do untill the script supports it. You should make a request in the script thread.
Hi,

I too had same issue. I wanted to batch download posters, banners, logo, clear art etc... sooooooo i use the logo downloader in Cirrus Extended to get all my art work then...........

I change over to the Neon skin (whenever i need to do a poster batch download) as they have a batch downloader for posters in the options menu, and it works a treat Big Grin

Whenever i need this function i just switch over to that skin, hit download posters, then flip back to cirrus.. Its not a great but it works and only takes 2 or 3 seconds to switch skins so its no biggie for me Big Grin

With the additions that butcha has added to cirrus lately (which i cant wait to get my hands on) i'm sure it wont be long before that feature is added. He is truely devoted to the product, provides amazing support, and has done some amazing things lately with the skin, that truly amazes me!

What he can do in relativly short period of time is nothing short of amazing! Nod
PatrickBateman Wrote:Hi,

I too had same issue. I wanted to batch download posters, banners, logo, clear art etc... sooooooo i use the logo downloader in Cirrus Extended to get all my art work then...........

I change over to the Neon skin (whenever i need to do a poster batch download) as they have a batch downloader for posters in the options menu, and it works a treat Big Grin

Whenever i need this function i just switch over to that skin, hit download posters, then flip back to cirrus.. Its not a great but it works and only takes 2 or 3 seconds to switch skins so its no biggie for me Big Grin

With the additions that butcha has added to cirrus lately (which i cant wait to get my hands on) i'm sure it wont be long before that feature is added. He he is truely devoted to the product and has done some amazing things lately tat he amazes me with what he can do in relativly short periods of time Nod

Well I asked on the the 'Logo downloader script' thread and apparently the script *does* download posters in batch mode, it seems the 'Run Logo Downloader' option in 'Skin Settings->Extended Mod' is not sending the parameter required to fetch them.
Go to Custom_SkinSetting_1111.xml and add the missing option...

Line

Code:
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.logo-downloader,mode=bulk,clearart=True,logo=True,showthumb=landscape.jpg,banner=banner.jpg)</onclick>

to

Code:
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.logo-downloader,mode=bulk,clearart=True,logo=True,showthumb=landscape.jpg,poster=poster.jpg,banner=banner.jpg)</onclick>

Anyway, FanartTv posters are pretty lame...
I've added an option in skin settings to enable banner.jpg support for the next update, so if enabled you easely can download the posters with the normal get thumb button in info screen, without affecting any banner, as banner.jpg is saved locally. Whenever you switch views from banners to poster you'll always see the correct picture.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[cirrus extended] Make logo.downloader script batch download posters0