Bitstream Audio via HDMI in Windows 7?
Can anyone tell me how to get sound bitstreamed to my receiver in windows 7? My setup:

Hardware:
Mobo: Asus E35M1-I
Video: Radeon HD 6310
Sound: Realtek ALC892
HDMI 1.3b cable carrying Video and Audio to my 7.1 Receiver.

Software:
Windows 7 Ultimate
K-Lite Codec Guide x32 + x64
Latest AMD and Realtek drivers
XBMC 10.1 Dharma

If I need better software I am willing to buy it, I just want to get this working.
Bump
Question 
So am I to assume this is not possable, or is no one awnsering me becuse I did something wrong when asking :confused2:
EDIT: I had it the other way around. I don't know about your hardware, but I know that when I recently built my pc I made sure to get the nvidia gt430 becuase it specifically mentions that it can bitstream audio. There were no settings to tinker with it just worked right away through xbmc. Also make sure windows recognises that you have 7 channels. Go to the sound settings and set your speakers to 7 channels. Then play the test tone and you'll know how many speakers windows recognised.
Hi morikaweb

You dont need to buy anything new, Bitstreaming works in W7 with your HW without problems. I have the same board.
It is just that XBMC doesn´t support it.
So get it working in MPC-HC with help of ffdshow Audio decoder and then use MPC-HC as external player.
morikaweb Wrote:So am I to assume this is not possable, or is no one awnsering me becuse I did something wrong when asking :confused2:
Nothing wrong per se - I can only assume its been ignored as a search would have provided you with the answer.
Thanks jitaroo and mic2, I will see about getting MPC to work for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bitstream Audio via HDMI in Windows 7?0