No DTS or DD audio detected using DSPlayer or DSCodec
Looking for some help/guidance on Win7. Original problem was that 1080p video was very choppy with XBMC 10.1 despite HW Acceleration being turned on. Worked around that problem by installing two different post-10.1 XBMC builds - one with DSPlayer embedded and one with DSCodec embedded. Both of those versions work great with the 1080p video....very smooth now. The problem is neither of those builds will provide an audio stream for DD or DTS.

Below is a link to a debug log for the DSPlayer version of XBMC trying to play Iron Man in 1080p. The sequence in the log is:

1 - Launch XBMC
2 - Launch 1080p Iron Man using default DVDPlayer and play for a few seconds. DTS audio works fine but video is choppy/unwatchable.
3 - Launch same 1080p Iron Man using DSPlayer and play for a few seconds. DTS audio stream is not detected by my receiver (DTS light doesn't illuminate and there's no audio through receiver), but video is smooth.
4 - Exit XBMC

Here's a link to the debug log file:

http://pastebin.com/XEdwzLWA

On my test workstation, which is an analog setup, the DSPlayer and DSCodec versions of XBMC work ok for audio. I ran into this when I updated my HTPC in my theater room. Sad

Thanx in advance,
Kris
Hello Mathazar,

I know you read this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=101491 , but did you try the thing Alexrose mentions about passing the audio through using the FFDSHOW options (it's point number 2)?

Who knows, this might solve the problem.

Keep us posted.

Maarten
Man, do I feel like a n00b. I indeed read that thread but as you suspected, I glossed over Point #2. I configured the output of FFDSHOW to pass thru DTS and DD and bingo....I'm back in business. Life is good again! Smile

Thanx for the kick, Maarten.

Kris
Cheers, I hope to install the DSPLAYER version of XBMC tonight. Wish me luck, hope my movies will play as slick as with windows media player ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No DTS or DD audio detected using DSPlayer or DSCodec0