[APPLETV2] movies lagging
Sad 
Hi guys.

I bought a apple tv2 to put on XBMC. I have never used XBMC before but heard good things about it. I got XBMC to work with seasonpass.

My problem is that when I play a mkv movie the movie is lagging all the time - it also keeps buffering.

My ATV2 is attached to a Synology DS211 (with cable). And when playing the CPU and memory on the NAS is fine.

Do you guys know what could be wrong?

Looking forward to hear from you.

/Danster
Hi,
I have experienced the same problems (see my post). After days of testing and trancoding the best what I could achieve is a transcoded BR with DVD Fab for iPad. Anyway it runs better but still not smooth.

My experience shows that there are three possible bottlenecks:
1. APTV2 itself - which isn't made for high quality videos (see tech specs for APTV) - and even high quality audio
2. XBMC - has some flaws and I hope that the next offical release will fix some of them.
3. LAN environment: I have tested it
- POWER LINE adapters (Netgear XAV5501) - bad troughput - at least in my environment
- n WiFi twice better then Power Line
- direct cabled - best perfomance(but ugly cables lying around)

Summary to me is that APTV2 is a nice gadget with limited performance - which offers some nice possibilities with XBMC - but you must invest time and effort in order to get it run your way. If you want high performance media Center you should look for another solution.

Have Fun!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLETV2] movies lagging0