• 7(current)
Huge begging request :D
I'll download T! tonight and have a look Smile

The solution was actually very easy as some time in the past I had already put an entry in fstab for /home/kode/towermusic going to smb://192.168.1.6/Music it wasn't until I worked out how to do it again and found myself looking at the line I was just about to enter that I even remembered, navigated to /home/kode/towermusic and sure enough, there were the folders on the network.

Didn't know you couldn't edit guisettings.xml while xbmc was running so that makes sense now, thanks.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Also as I posted in the Neon thread, here is a quick video of it in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd9T_C0CpcY I also tried doing it as a screen capture, but that didn't work too well.

First I tried doing it by installing x11vnc and vnc2flv, but the resulting file looked quite choppy, and I think there was an issue with vnc2flv as merging the audio track with the video failed.

So then I installed xbmc on my Windows 7 laptop, and tried using CamStudio, but that didn't work too well either, again, the video was choppy, and the resulting video file was like 3GB for about 2mins, and the Audio wouldn't work properly either, if I recorded for a few seconds it worked fine, but when I came to the end of the 2 minutes the audio would fail.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
After lurking on the forums for a long time I've finally decided to register after seeing this thread. I've decided that I'm going to download all the logos that are currently available for my collection and then I'm going to create logos for all the artists that don't have logos available. Afterwards, I'll take requests and create logos for those who are looking for them. Keep up the good work everyone, you're input is what makes XBMC as great as it is and what drives innovation like what's being done in this thread.
m2thedeep Wrote:After lurking on the forums for a long time I've finally decided to register after seeing this thread. I've decided that I'm going to download all the logos that are currently available for my collection and then I'm going to create logos for all the artists that don't have logos available. Afterwards, I'll take requests and create logos for those who are looking for them. Keep up the good work everyone, you're input is what makes XBMC as great as it is and what drives innovation like what's being done in this thread.

As I am sure Kode will say, any help with the logos is appreciated!
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:As I am sure Kode will say, any help with the logos is appreciated!

^^ this

But please, please read the help sections before submitting images, we have had a few new contributors and it seems like none of them bother to read the instructions first.

It's very frustrating having to deny images when the only thing wrong with them is alignment or something equally trivial.

When we get to about 1000 logos I will probably add the request feature to the music logos section as well, but I will probably put some limits on it so it doesn't get out of control like the tv section did at 1 point.
used cdart manager to download logos fanart etc.... works on t! svn but does not work on neon svn! just shows logo missing signHuh?

any ideas??
Kode Wrote:^^ this

But please, please read the help sections before submitting images, we have had a few new contributors and it seems like none of them bother to read the instructions first.

It's very frustrating having to deny images when the only thing wrong with them is alignment or something equally trivial.

When we get to about 1000 logos I will probably add the request feature to the music logos section as well, but I will probably put some limits on it so it doesn't get out of control like the tv section did at 1 point.

don't worry this isn't my first rodeo. Wink
icky Wrote:used cdart manager to download logos fanart etc.... works on t! svn but does not work on neon svn! just shows logo missing signHuh?

any ideas??

Haven't tried the logos yet, but cd-art worked fine for me.
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:Haven't tried the logos yet, but cd-art worked fine for me.

cd art works fine and spins but no logos come up in your skinHuh have you used a diff naming convention??
Just drop logo.png in the artist folder and be sure to define your music path in settings > skin > music and you should be good to go.
-stoli-
If a logo.png that is located in an artist's folder has been changed how does one update XBMC to reflect the changes? After downloading some png's from fanart.tv I've realized some were vertically off-center so I changed them; however, XBMC still shows the old png.
logos should be vertically aligned to the bottom, this is how it has always been specified, however, sometime in the future I will allow people to get logos that are also vertically centred, I have a proof of concept done, I just need to work out how I am going to implement it.

XBMC should update the cache after some time (not sure how long) alternatively I think if you do a manual download using ppic's logo downloader it will update the cache (not sure how to get to a single download from Neon though), in Night you can do it from the show OSD I believe.
Kode Wrote:logos should be vertically aligned to the bottom, this is how it has always been specified, however, sometime in the future I will allow people to get logos that are also vertically centred, I have a proof of concept done, I just need to work out how I am going to implement it.

XBMC should update the cache after some time (not sure how long) alternatively I think if you do a manual download using ppic's logo downloader it will update the cache (not sure how to get to a single download from Neon though), in Night you can do it from the show OSD I believe.

Aligning the artist's logo to the bottom just looks wrong when you have a logo that is text only. I'll work on it and see what I can come up with.
Depends on the view, some look better bottom aligned, some look better centre aligned.

It's also very subjective, some people think it looks better when they are bottom aligned, some think centred looks better, there has been lots of discussion and flames about it in the past, but we now have over 4,500 tv logos that are bottom aligned, so that is the accepted standard.

As I said, I am going to add some code that will be able to take a bottom aligned image and render it centre aligned for those that want it.
Kode Wrote:Depends on the view, some look better bottom aligned, some look better centre aligned.

It's also very subjective, some people think it looks better when they are bottom aligned, some think centred looks better, there has been lots of discussion and flames about it in the past, but we now have over 4,500 tv logos that are bottom aligned, so that is the accepted standard.

As I said, I am going to add some code that will be able to take a bottom aligned image and render it centre aligned for those that want it.

Good points. Thanks for the clarification.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Huge begging request :D0