DVD and Blu-Ray showing up as "ISO"
Im using the latest SVN version of Night, and XBMC. I scraped all my media using YANFOE and made sure to set my DVD and Blu-Ray ISO movies to their respective types.

The problem is when I go to a ISO in Night under movies it only shows ISO. How do I get it to show the Disk type? Is there somthing wrong with YANFOE or with Night? Or am I doing something wrong?
morikaweb Wrote:Im using the latest SVN version of Night, and XBMC. I scraped all my media using YANFOE and made sure to set my DVD and Blu-Ray ISO movies to their respective types.

The problem is when I go to a ISO in Night under movies it only shows ISO. How do I get it to show the Disk type? Is there somthing wrong with YANFOE or with Night? Or am I doing something wrong?

if the File name is like this
Code:
MovieName.Dvdrip.ext
MovieName Dvdrip.ext
it will be read as a Dvd
for Bluray add Blurayrip to the file name
Ok technicly that shuld not be hard. Just one question though, if I rename the actuall movie file with the .nfo still be good (if I cange the nfo name as well) or will I need to rescrape in YANFOE.exe?

Er, what I meant to say is does the nfo xml need to be changed to reflect the iso name change?
morikaweb Wrote:Ok technicly that shuld not be hard. Just one question though, if I rename the actuall movie file with the .nfo still be good (if I cange the nfo name as well) or will I need to rescrape in YANFOE.exe?

Er, what I meant to say is does the nfo xml need to be changed to reflect the iso name change?
no, you should be good.
Remember to rename the .nfo The same name as the movie file
This is way off topic,

But I see you talk about Blu-Ray .iso

are you saying that you have moives that are in a Blu-Ray format like a true Blu-Ray disk working within XBMC (beta nightly builds)?

What I mean to ask is. Can I use a normal (none encrypted) Blu-Ray moive disk in my Blu-Ray drive and watch it? Please point me to the info where you found that. It is the last thing missing for me and my setup. Please say it is so.
Oddsodz Wrote:This is way off topic,

But I see you talk about Blu-Ray .iso

are you saying that you have moives that are in a Blu-Ray format like a true Blu-Ray disk working within XBMC (beta nightly builds)?

What I mean to ask is. Can I use a normal (none encrypted) Blu-Ray moive disk in my Blu-Ray drive and watch it? Please point me to the info where you found that. It is the last thing missing for me and my setup. Please say it is so.

What I am doing is making a 1:1 ISO rip using Any DVD, with the encryption stripped. These are then stored on my server and played back over the network like any other file.

Unfortunitely I have never tried playing a Blu-Ray Disk from a drive as I don't even have any drives on my HTPC.
But you are playing a Blu-Ray movie (all be it in an .iso disk image) with in XMBC? In effect, XMBC is working as a Blu-ray player?
Oddsodz Wrote:But you are playing a Blu-Ray movie (all be it in an .iso disk image) with in XBMC? In effect, XBMC is working as a Blu-ray player?

Yes right now XBMC is playing the bluray movies. It works flawlessly except for the lack of lossless audio.

Back to my original subject:

I set the dvdrip and bluray tags and they show up in night as bluray, but they are still not listed as 1080p and thus not showing up under HD movies. Is there anyway to get night to flag these files as HD?
Lets make this simple, the only way Xbmc can read and in consecuence Night any info is if the info is provided by the file it self. If it isn't, as in this case, you need to point it out in the name of the file...

Code:
Whatevermovie.1080p.5.1.acc.bluray.iso
KiSUAN Wrote:Lets make this simple, the only way Xbmc can read and in consecuence Night any info is if the info is provided by the file it self. If it isn't, as in this case, you need to point it out in the name of the file...

Code:
Whatevermovie.1080p.5.1.acc.bluray.iso

Thanks I suppose. Though if all BluRay disks are 1080p by definition, wouldn't it be a no brainier for the software that bluray = 1080p? I think that's something XBMC should seriously fix.

Edit:

I ran through and renamed my iso files to "name.1080p.bluray.iso" and they are atill not showing up as 1080p or HD. So is there another flag I am missing? I am really starting to get confused.
morikaweb Wrote:Thanks I suppose. Though if all BluRay disks are 1080p by definition, wouldn't it be a no brainier for the software that bluray = 1080p? I think that's something XBMC should seriously fix.

Edit:

I ran through and renamed my iso files to "name.1080p.bluray.iso" and they are atill not showing up as 1080p or HD. So is there another flag I am missing? I am really starting to get confused.

First, BD is a storage medium and that's the only definition, it has nothign to do with 1080p or anything, the things in the storage medium are whatever.

About the second, I was wrong, Resolution is taken only from the information contained by the file, so you are out of luck here. To show it as 1080p you will have to code it into the skin files as well as name the files 1080p as I told, later I'll tell you how.
morikaweb Wrote:Thanks I suppose. Though if all BluRay disks are 1080p by definition, wouldn't it be a no brainier for the software that bluray = 1080p? I think that's something XBMC should seriously fix.

Edit:

Well, This is not a skin issue. I Have done some testing just to find out if in fact XBMC is working as a full on "Blu-Ray Player". And at this time with the current "Nighty build". It is not. You are confusing the fact that XBMC will play .m2ts stream files for a Bur-ray player. And as XBMC has no real idea what a Blu-Ray disk ISO file is or what to do with it. It can't display the flagging info. Now if you was to take your .m2ts files from your .iso's and place them in the right folders for your library. You will get the flaggings that you are looking for.

IE:

x:\Movies\Avatar\ExtraFanArt\lotsofimages1.jpg
x:\Movies\Avatar\ExtraFanArt\lotsofimages2.jpg
x:\Movies\Avatar\ExtraFanArt\lotsofimages3.jpg
x:\Movies\Avatar\ExtraFanArt\lotsofimages4.jpg
x:\Movies\Avatar\ExtraThumbs\thumb1.jpg
x:\Movies\Avatar\ExtraThumbs\thumb3.jpg
x:\Movies\Avatar\ExtraThumbs\thumb3.jpg
x:\Movies\Avatar\ExtraThumbs\thumb4.jpg
x:\Movies\Avatar\Avatar.m2ts
x:\Movies\Avatar\Avatar.nfo
x:\Movies\Avatar\Avatar.tbn
x:\Movies\Avatar\Avatar-fanart.jpg

Then you would see the flaggins that you are looking for.

Again. This is not a skin issue. It is a XBMC issue

Sorry if this disappoints you.
Open IncludesCodecFlagging.xml located at C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.night\720p

and add this:

Code:
<includes>
    <include name="VideoCodecFlaggingConditions"><!--Custom Flags-->
        <control type="image">
            <description>Video rez Image</description>
            <width>54</width>
            <height>40</height>
            <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
            <texture>$INFO[ListItem.VideoResolution,flagging/video/custom/,.png]</texture>
            <visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.VideoResolution)</visible>
        </control>
+        <control type="image">
+            <description>Video rez Image</description>
+            <width>54</width>
+            <height>40</height>
+            <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
+            <texture>flagging/video/custom/1080.png]</texture>
+            <visible>substring(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,1080p)</visible>
+        </control>

Enjoy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help