Undo updatebegone
I want to update my Apple TV 2 to the latest iOS 4.2.2, but when I go into the update software within the Setting menu I get "the update was not successful" half way through the install. I uninstalled updatebegone but I still get this same error message.

How do I update after I have installed updatebegone?
rogerthis Wrote:I want to update my Apple TV 2 to the latest iOS 4.2.2, but when I go into the update software within the Setting menu I get "the update was not successful" half way through the install. I uninstalled updatebegone but I still get this same error message.

How do I update after I have installed updatebegone?

Why would you want to do that? It will break your jailbreak.

Use Seas0npass to download any new updates and re-jailbreak your device. Removing updatebegone probably doesn't revert your /etc/hosts file to it's previous state which is why that update process won't work.
ProphetVX Wrote:Why would you want to do that? It will break your jailbreak.

Use Seas0npass to download any new updates and re-jailbreak your device. Removing updatebegone probably doesn't revert your /etc/hosts file to it's previous state which is why that update process won't work.

ProphetVX, thanks for getting back to me. I did check the hosts file, and the dns address's were gone. I don't know if removing updatebegone did it, but I still didn't update.

I had big problems getting into the DFU mode, so I used itunes to restore and update. I then had to use these instructions to get into DFU:
Quote:connect usb (wait 10 secs or so) and then the power
press menu+down for 6 secs ( until you get the faster flashing)
remove the power <-- this is the key
put the ATV into DFU mode by menu+play for 7 secs or so ( until faster flashing)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Undo updatebegone0