Please explain how to use the library
I download a movie in .avi format and put it on my disk

Then I want to see info about the movie in xbmc

I have several options
Update Library, Refresh, Scan for new Content

Which one should I use? I'm not sure if there are any differences. I'd prefer if xbmc could find the movie automatically, without restarting xbmc (I'm using it in AppleTV - so it's always on).

And what if xbmc cannot find info about the movie. How can I get a notification about this? Is it possible to find the movie in the library anyway? And how can I manually add missing data?

And what if xbmc finds info for another movie with similar name. How can I get a notification about this? And how can I manually correct the incorrect data?
Hi,

markiz Wrote:Then I want to see info about the movie in xbmc

I have several options

Which one should I use? I'm not sure if there are any differences. I'd prefer if xbmc could find the movie automatically, without restarting xbmc (I'm using it in AppleTV - so it's always on).

have you read this?:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_Library
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Scrapers

markiz Wrote:And what if xbmc cannot find info about the movie. How can I get a notification about this? Is it possible to find the movie in the library anyway? And how can I manually add missing data?

You can use this plugin:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...vie+viewer

markiz Wrote:And what if xbmc finds info for another movie with similar name. How can I get a notification about this? And how can I manually correct the incorrect data?

Go to wrong movie open contextmenu, choose movie information. In the following dialog you can refresh (rescrape) it.

I personally prefer to use Ember Media Manager in first row to get the right informations about a movie or series, also i choose which poster or fanart is been saved. After this i copy my new media to xbmc and let the library refresh.

Please read along the wiki before you ask again to understand somethings related to how xbmc and the library works.

Greetz X23
Yes.
Hi,

markiz Wrote:Yes.

is the answer to what? Smile

Greetz X23
Yes, I have read the wiki. It doesn't provide answers to my questions (difference between update, scan, refresh).

Too bad you have to use a computer to fix these things. Since I live in Sweden I often find that movies cannot be found. Makes the library in xbmc hard to use.

I'm on a mac, so the links you provided doesn't work. And my library is on smb, so even if I use vmware - it will not work.

Wouldn't it be logical if xbmc could tell me directly if a movie wasn't found - and prompt me about the movie name - to make a new search/to make a new entry in the library.

And wouldn't it be logical if xbmc could watch the library for new movies/tv shows, and add them automatically?
markiz Wrote:I download a movie in .avi format and put it on my disk

Then I want to see info about the movie in xbmc

I have several options

If you already have a library with items in use Update Library if your system is always on then there's a plugin in addons that can be set to update library at timed intervals

markiz Wrote:And what if xbmc cannot find info about the movie. How can I get a notification about this? Is it possible to find the movie in the library anyway? And how can I manually add missing data?

XBMC doesn't notify you if a movie doesn't get added, if a movie doesn't get added there's a few things you can do

Try a different scraper first, if that doesn't work go into files and hit "C" while on the movie file and select "Manually add to library" this will add it to library without any details if you want movie details and no scraper picked up your movie then your have to create a nfo and artwork and put it in with the movie

markiz Wrote:And what if xbmc finds info for another movie with similar name. How can I get a notification about this? And how can I manually correct the incorrect data?

If it picks the wrong movie press "i" then use refresh and xbmc should give you a list of movies to choose from you can also do this in file mode when movies aren't added to your library
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
If I delete a movie. How can I make XBMC find out? Update library only seems to add new movies - not delete invalid ones.
markiz Wrote:If I delete a movie. How can I make XBMC find out? Update library only seems to add new movies - not delete invalid ones.

system -> video -> clean library
With htpc always on, you need to launch library update, from time to time. If title is not matched properly, I choose refresh and type a different name manualy. When you try to play a movie that you deleted in meantime you get a prompt to remove it from library.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Is it possible to add a cron-job to clean/update library?
There's an addon for library update, if I'm not mistaken not sure about cleaning.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please explain how to use the library0