XBMC build for Father in Law
Well I'd been planning to replace my aging Pentium D based XBMC box for a while.
Although really there wasn't anything wrong with it. It played full HD content quite happily. It was a Dell based PC and I wanted to have a good looking case etc.

So I decided to give my old one to my father in law, now this could have been either a really good move (hoped so) or become the bane of my existance but i leaped for it anyway.

I just thought I'd share with you the fact that it seems to have worked perfectly. He's had it a few weeks now and all is well!

I spent a long time building the config to ensure all was easy to use for him and that odd buttons on the remote wouldn't do something weird and wonderful. Made sure that things like the iPlayer application was easily available on the front screen of the skin (transparency by the way). So he got a nice looking media centre with loads of nice to have features he will love thats really simple and easy to use.

Anyway, my usual xbmc build is based on Fedora and built from source so i just worked on that and perfected it.

Happy days!
then we are ready to get on the shelves of supermarkets with xbmc? Laugh
Happy to read success stories.
Oh yes! :-)

yeah, I thought it would be good to share the success..

I mean my own kit at home works but i'm fairly techy so have no probs and totally understand how it all strings together.

But for someone who can just about use a pc for email and browsing, and a remote to change channels this is a big win!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC build for Father in Law0