touchscreen and DVD menu selection
Hi folks

Just putting the finishing touches to my setup - most things working nicely, I have XBMC installed pretty much as I want it (just a little bug or two!) on 3 Windows 7 PCs. Running a slightly tweaked Customisable Confluence skin, Dharma release.

Today's issue: one of the PCs is a 22" touchscreen, and I thought it would be nice to try using it as such. I've read quite a few threads on skinning for touchscreens, but that's not my question today (Confluence, at first glance, appears to be at least adequate).

My problem comes when I load up a DVD which has been ripped as an .iso: I can select the movie from the library, but when it gets to the DVD menu I get stuck: the touchscreen clicks won't, for example, play the movie. The touch is being seen by the OS (I get the visual and audio ack) but XBMC won't do anything with it.

Is there a simple fix, or is this just too hard?

TIA
Ceejay

(For clarity - I have tested this with the out-of-the-box Confluence skin as well as my tweak, so it's not that!)
(Oh, and please don't ask me to re-rip - I have hundreds!)
I've been playing some more ... I notice that using the touchscreen to select the XBMC "Stop" control (useful if I can't play the movie!) does work but not reliably - I may have to touch several times before the command is followed.

Speculation - is something being incredibly picky about the exact spot that I'm clicking, bearing in mind that it's hard to be precise with a finger!!?

Ideas very welcome.

Ceejay
Hello Ceejay,

I allready posted in march http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=757996&postcount=2 a problem with the Touchscreen support in XBMC when selected an DVD.

After I select the DVD cover in the movie list the DVD starts to play. Most DVD's start with a menu, when they press the screen on the chapter they want to see (or select Play Movie), the Top Control Pop-Up menu appears instead of the pressed DVD menu item...

The problem you describe has some differences, but still, Playback DVD's on XBMC on Touchscreen enabled laptop's is not possible.

Could someone tell me what to do? Perhaps antoher theme which is touchscreen friendly?

Regards, Tom
Hi, I read that Eden would have Touch improvements, so that's the first I wanted to check after installing Eden. It's a no go again, it looks like it is impossible to use the Touchscreen to select a DVD Menu option. When the DVD start playing and show the Title Menu (vob files in a directory) I want to select a chapter or just want to press "Play movie", instead the DVD menu option is selected after touching the touchscreen I got the XBMC menu en controll options. See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=757996
and or http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=800888

I know that a Win32 laptop with multi touch screens are rare, next year in 2012 Windows 8 will bring much more Laptops and Tablets with touch. So it's just a mather of waiting I guess.

Best Regards,
Tom

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
touchscreen and DVD menu selection0