Bravo to xbmc team
It's working great for me, since I picked up an AppleTV a month ago and jailbroke it with Greenpoison.

I've got an AppleTV2 running 4.2.1 connected to my LAN via wired Ethernet to an Ubuntu box I use as a file server. Using Samba on the Ubuntu box, streaming works great to the AppleTV2. I installed that "updatebegone" thing so that Apple never prompts be about iOS upgrades. Am I right in assuming there is no legitimate reason to ever update the iOS on this AppleTV? I don't care about using it "legitimately" like Apple wants. It's purely an extra XBMC box for the bedroom.
mcpish Wrote:It's working great for me, since I picked up an AppleTV a month ago and jailbroke it with Greenpoison.

I've got an AppleTV2 running 4.2.1 connected to my LAN via wired Ethernet to an Ubuntu box I use as a file server. Using Samba on the Ubuntu box, streaming works great to the AppleTV2. I installed that "updatebegone" thing so that Apple never prompts be about iOS upgrades. Am I right in assuming there is no legitimate reason to ever update the iOS on this AppleTV? I don't care about using it "legitimately" like Apple wants. It's purely an extra XBMC box for the bedroom.

I think there come´s maybe some new features to the ATV ios form Apple.
But if not, i also think it is not nessecary to update the ios.

Also a big Thanks to the XBMC ios/atv2 developers.......
Software: XBMC Live Skin: Modded Confluence AppleTV2: XBMC....rocks
KARATELIGHT
mcpish Wrote:It's working great for me, since I picked up an AppleTV a month ago and jailbroke it with Greenpoison.

Personally, there was a 16-bit output feature added in the latest IOS build that fixed an audio issue for me. If things are running great, no need to update Smile
The latest firmware does fix ac3 audio so people who want that should update. Otherwise there really isn't a good reason to do so.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bravo to xbmc team0