AppleTV2 with NAS - Scraping issues!
Question 
Hi guys,

Before you read the rest of this, if I'm in the wrong section please let me know as I'm a first timer in the XBMC forums.

I currently have atv2, jailbroken with seasonpass and installed XBMC via SSH.

I have a mac running the latest os and an Iomega home media 1tb NAS.

I have setup my movie folders, to start with, correctly as follows.

NAS Root/
............/Movies
......................./MovieName
......................................./Movie.avi

on the ATV2 I went "Video", then "dd Source" and picked UPNP device. I then seleted the content type and selected IMDB as the scraper along with automated scan.

When I click on "OK" the movie files are detected and displayed in a list on XBMC and the scraping starts it's scan, but no artwork or covers are pulled down.

The videos play fine so I know it reads the NAS without any problems. It doesn't let me manually add info either.

I then found a video on youtube that shows how to set this up manually.

Basically it's the same file structure on the NAS, but you add the movie cover and fanart in the following format to the movie folder like below.

NAS Root/
............/Movies
......................./MovieName
......................................./Movie.avi
......................................./folder.jpg (this pic must be named folder.jpg)
......................................./fanart.jpg

Even after doing this, ther's nothing. Does anyone have any ideas of what could be causing the scraping to not work? I have installed plex on the mac to test if the NAS is preventing the scraping in any way. Plex scraped EVERY movie correctly the first time in under 6 minutes or so. I only have 130 movies or so.

I really want to continue using XBMC as I dont have to keep my Mac on with Plex which follows the Server/client model.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Unfortunately, I can't help you with your issue (I am relatively new to this as well) but you may have more luck posting in XBMC general help & support since it sounds like this is something that is not likely specific to Apple TV.

Also, for future reference (and I know this is a little confusing) ATV2 specific issues go in the IOS section.

Good luck resolving this.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=100446

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV2 with NAS - Scraping issues!0