LGA 1155 micro-atx Mobo recommendation
Hi all,

There still aren't enough reviews on the new batches of LGA 1155 motherboards to completely put my mind at ease in terms of which to go with. I've always found mobo to be the most critical choice, since if you get a dud, you pretty much have to disassemble everything and start again from scratch.

I'm putting together an xbmc live machine based on a micro-atx, Core i3, GT430 build. I know some might consider this overkill, but I'm aiming for future proof here.

Anyone have recommendations or impressions on any of the boards out there? Preferably, I'd like to purchase through newegg.ca or ncix.com.

Thanks
I've had great luck with plain Intel boards (if you are not building an over-clocked gaming rig). Can't comment on this board from experience but the DP67DE looks good. http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=1220168710N and price match to NCIX.
seems good --> MSI H61M-E33
Im using the MSI H67MA-E35 and the only complain that I have is the start up beeps. I have found no way to disable the beeps from the onboard speaker on boot up (about 5 beeps). But if you use sleeps/resume this isn't an issue.
Bedroom Room - Raspberry pi, Openelec Nightly
Living Room - Atom 330/ion, 2gb, 30sg sad, Openelec Nightly
Office - MSI H67MA-E35 (B3), Intel I3-2100, 8GB G.SKILL ram, Corsair SSD, Generic case, Openelec Nightly, Aeon MQ4 skin
Storage - Zotac GF-6100-E, AMD Sempron 140, 5 x 2TB hdd, 2GB AData ram, Rosewill R102-P-BK case, Unraid 5.14b

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LGA 1155 micro-atx Mobo recommendation0