AppleTV2 Stuck on Scanning for new content
I got the AppleTV XBMC installed and things were going so nicely, but then I added my movie library to the paths. It worked on it for a while, maybe an hour, downloading movie after movie. My library now seems to have a few hundred movies. But now it's stuck on "Downloading Movie Information, Scanning for new content". Movies that are already there do play, and the UI is responsive to a point (though when I tried to exit XBMC it locked up and forced me to pull the power).

I just enabled debugging log, but haven't looked at it nor would I know where to find the log. Can anyone suggest what to do next? I have a large library of movies, is it possible it's just too big? Maybe 1 TB total, so like 1000-1200 movies I bet. Maybe it's just getting stuck on one movie in particular? But how can I know what that is?

Thanks!
I seem to have found the answer (at least for the moment) in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=797406

I was able to download the log and find a subtitle RAR file that was gumming up the works. I deleted that file and now have rebooted the XBMC and it is again scanning for new content, but this time it is not stuck. There we go, now it found some new content and has continued indexing it. Hopefully that process will allow me to work past any future lock-ups.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV2 Stuck on Scanning for new content0