Confused with Apple TV # and OS # and GreenPoison...someone set me straight?
I have 2 apple TVs that I got and JB a while back, they were running 4.1.1 I beleive and they work great running XBMC that I got from Nito.

I got a 3rd for my bday today, its running the following.. Ive googled and all im doing is mixing myself up between the numbers. Id like to JB with greenpoison and run the official XBMC and not the nightlies.

Apple TV Software: 4.2.1 (2100)
OS Build Version 4.3 (8F202)

Is the above version the one that its better to run the nightly version of XBMC and is Greenpoison ok for untethered? Ive tried the nightly version a couple weeks back, but I couldnt get it to run in file mode like Im used to, so I went back to the older version.

Thanks!

(I'll keep googling in the meantime)
Your most recent purchase of apple tv 2 is running a later software version than is supported by the stable dharma version. To run the stable xbmc version on this atv2 you will need to downgrade the version to iOS 4.2.1 (atv 4.1.1). Whether you can do this depends on if apple is still signing this version. Untethered jailbreaks are available for both versions but that isn't the issue. Green poison is only available for iOS 4.2.1 and earlier. Season pass, pwnage are available for this version and earlier.

You can try to downgrade to see if it works by downloading a custom ipsw file and then
jailbreak to it. Use tiny umbrella to save the blobs. I think there is a guide in the off topic section.

I'm not familiar with the ins ands outs of the nightly builds. Someone may be able to guide you with that (assuming you've looked at the stickys) if you decide/or have no option, to stay
with the nightlies.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

nethervue Wrote:I have 2 apple TVs that I got and JB a while back, they were running 4.1.1 I beleive and they work great running XBMC that I got from Nito.

I got a 3rd for my bday today, its running the following.. Ive googled and all im doing is mixing myself up between the numbers. Id like to JB with greenpoison and run the official XBMC and not the nightlies.

Apple TV Software: 4.2.1 (2100)
OS Build Version 4.3 (8F202)

Is the above version the one that its better to run the nightly version of XBMC and is Greenpoison ok for untethered? Ive tried the nightly version a couple weeks back, but I couldnt get it to run in file mode like Im used to, so I went back to the older version.

Thanks!

(I'll keep googling in the meantime)

Most of these questions are answered in the JB FAQ and if not PM me.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99315
Thanks guys for the replies, Im thinking of just updating to the newest version and using seasonpass and the nightlies..may as well try it out! My other 2 just run so well with no issues (or showstoppers anyway), but this is a good chance to give something new a try. Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confused with Apple TV # and OS # and GreenPoison...someone set me straight?0