Nightly releases, Skins, Plugins
Not sure if this belongs in the development forum, but its about nightly releases, so close enough I suppose...

So I am using nightly releases. Why? Because I use Icefilms and Canada On Demand. since these addons, I have stopped downloading and storing media, it just seems pointless when you can stream it anyways. Neither of the addons work for me in Dharma, I get all kinds of different bugs that make them unusable.

So all is well, we have a megaupload account and a fast connection so we can stream anything we'd ever want. I like it alot better than downloading, because we can watch things right away from a list we are presented, rather than have to search and download a ton of media that we might not like anyways.

Leads me to my issue... there are no skins! Most of the skins in the repo are marked 'Broken', and of the ones that aren't, they don't work properly.

The default skin is great and works well, but it is a bit lacking in options and eye candy.

Also there are many addons that only work with dharma that we can't use either, such as the one that scans streams into your library, which would be totally excellent.

Am I just stuck with the default skin and limited addons? Is there anything we can do to force the incompatible skins to work?

Thanks
you force them to work by getting the authors updating the addons they need to work for all the extra fancy bits you like so well and then have them submit them to the eden addon repo
install the xbmc-passion repo. they are making svn builds of nearly all skins currently in development available.
but off course you have to know that neither the nightly builds nor the svn builds of skins aren't bug free so it could happen that they will sell your wife, eat your dog or even make your mediacenter look pretty and give you all the latest inventions of xbmcBig Grin

or just look inside the subforums for each skin. most are providing links to their beta builds or if it is a skin which isn't official atm look inside the skin development thread for the [BETA] and [RELEASE] threads
cheers
lol.

I guess the issue is that if you're using the latest features (ie streaming) then pre-eden is more stable than dharma.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nightly releases, Skins, Plugins0