Ask for Master Lock Code on suspend-resume
hi,

I've been using XBMC for years now and there is just one thing that I am missing.
I'm running XBMC on a fully encrypted Arch Linux with XFCE. When I suspend from within XBMC the encryption is pointless because everyone can just wake the machine and access all files since the screensaver is "suppressed". So at the moment I quit XBMC and suspend the machine via XFCE instead. When I wake the machine, the screensaver asks for the password and after unlocking it, I have to start XBMC again.

IMHO it would be much more convenient if XBMC had an option to ask for the Master Lock Code after resuming from suspend. There is already an option to ask for it on startup, so I think it makes perfect sense to have to enter it when waking the machine as well.

Furthermore you should not be able to get out of fullscreen with the '\' key while entering the password, because then you would have full access to the system. edit: I just realized this is already the case. Wink

This is just an idea and I'm obviously not asking for this to be implemented right away, but I would like to have some feedback on this.

thanks,
Mus

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ask for Master Lock Code on suspend-resume0