SoX upsampler for XBMC
Question 
There are some D/A converters, where it is possible to clock D/A converter (master clock for chip) and transport by word clock (or super clock = 256 * word clock value) standard. But some of them (not all of them) require upsampling.

For example, it requires Casea Sirius Synchro with Casea Cepheus MK II.

When I listen to CD quality track (44,1 kHz), it must be upsampled to 192 kHz. In Foobar2000 is it done by SoX upsampler plugin.

My question is, if it is possible in XBMC (globaly, not only for music). So when I play music, or movie, all audio will be resampled to user defined value (192 / 176,4 . . .).

Thank you.
I second this. I would like to upsample WAV/FLAC sources to 192khz using SoX.
You can force xbmc to upsample to 192 always in PAPlayer atleast, there is an advancedsetting for it. DVDPlayer afaik does not have this.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Thanks, I wasn't aware of this.

I checked http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml but can't seem to find the reference to upsampling/resampling.

Can you please guide me where to find this? thanks!

EDIT: Never mind, found it :p
click the link you posted and search for "resample"... it is there
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Thank you - I will try this tonight.

Which resample algorithm is used for this?
It's a sinc filter afaik.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SoX upsampler for XBMC0