Pandora as a plugin?
I was wondering if it was possible to implement a Pandora player as a plugin?
Something that might Pandora a different that other streaming music options
is that each song has a unique URL that is only good for a short period of time.
Pandora hands you 4 URLs at a time (like a mini playlist). When you've played
the 4 songs, you can go back to Pandora to request more.

I attempted a Pandora plugin unsuccessfully in the past. The place where
I stumbled was figuring out when to tell the player to play the next song
in the playlist. I had subclasses Player however the notifications were not
specific enough for me to distinquish between the user hitting stop in their
remote and the current song just ending. I was thinking that I might have to
seperately keep track of when the user has hit stop & use that information in
OnPlayBackEnded(). It seems ugly to me so I didn't persue it.

Can someone suggest the proper way to implement a plugin with a dynamic
playlist? If there is an exsting example of something like this, I woudl apprecaite
it if someone can point me in the direction of it...

Thanks,
Steve
There is already a working pandora plugin, why to re-invent the wheel...
Its true, and its very good... but I don't think it is in the repository though... search the forums.

Actually, though, it is a script, not a plugin...
danillll Wrote:There is already a working pandora plugin, why to re-invent the wheel...

He knows. Actually he just added the thumbs up/down functionality and the ability to switch between 2 skins (I made the new skin so its a shameless self promotionCool). Anyway, he is working on creating a new version that would allow you to leave the plugin and move around in XBMC without stopping playback. I love the Pandora plugin but it has been stagnant for far too long. We all welcome the updates.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
gotcha...
I've done it for the radio function in the grooveshark script. If you grab the code and have a look in default.py and GrooveShark.py you can see at least one way of doing it. It's not working at the moment since I haven't updated the radio code after I switched to a new grooveshark API. But the principle applies.
--
Problems with the GrooveShark script? Please have a look here before posting.
Interesting... I'm also looking into redoing the Pandora plugin and was working on the same problem today.

The issue I'm running into is that after closing the main WindowXML interface, even if I keep the script running in the background (with a loop), the Player subclass I created stops firing events.

In fact, that even happens if I call WindowXML.show() instead of doModal(). Aside from using doModal() and keeping the interface open, I haven't been able to find a way to monitor playback status and update the playlist. Similarly, I lose the ability to react to key events (skip song, etc).

This is my first attempt at development in XBMC; can anyone with some more experience shed some light on this? Is there any option besides keeping the interface open?
htpc guy Wrote:He knows. Actually he just added the thumbs up/down functionality and the ability to switch between 2 skins (I made the new skin so its a shameless self promotionCool). Anyway, he is working on creating a new version that would allow you to leave the plugin and move around in XBMC without stopping playback. I love the Pandora plugin but it has been stagnant for far too long. We all welcome the updates.

It would be amazing for someone to figure out how to allow Pandora to function while browsing around XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pandora as a plugin?0