adding tvshow with multiple season?
Hi

I got a problem which is not described in the wiki at least as far as I know.

My aim: See all my tvshow seasons correct in Database mode.

My question :How should my tv shows organized to work with the tvdb scraper?

I got a show with 2 season for example, and organized it in the filesystem like this:

tvshows/showname/season01/blaa S01 E01.avi
until...
tvshows/showname/season01/blaa S01 E12.avi

tvshows/showname/season02/blaa S02 E01.avi
tvshows/showname/season02/blaa S02 E12.avi

nothing special so far I think! But the scraper recognizes only the first season.

I tried a few combinations with all episodes in one folder and so on but the scraper don´t scrape my tv shows correct.

so please tell me what to do.
as long as blaa is the show name, only thing I can think of is making it like this:

TVShows/Show Title/Season xx/Show Title.SXXEXX.avi

or

TVShows/Show Title/Show Title.SXXEXX.avi

I have shows set up in both those formats and they work fine.
What's the show?
without the show name there is nothing we can do.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
It should work, I have seasons spread across hard drives with no problems. Keep in mind that the scrapper will need to scan each folder separately, so maybe its having trouble scanning the season2 folder.

I have been having scanning issues with folders randomly, but thats probably because I'm running bleeding edge ... and have tons of network issues, but keep that in mind when trouble shooting. Browse to the folder manually (in XBMC under video file browser) and the hit the info button and then when it searches for the show, give it the name. See if that works.

EDIT: yeah, Hudson is right, the scrapper will use the folder name or the file name to search for it. Not sure of a way to use the path name. You can always do it manually, but that might not be feasible depending on how many seasons + series you have.
Also I've noticed episodes not being added (default regex) if they contain a space between the season and episode numbers 'S04 E11', 4x11 or S04E11 will always work though.
just grab a tool like ep-renamer and rename them into the proper format for xbmc to read
Hi again

its not only 1 show that has this problem it´s the same to all shows!

here is an more accurate example :

E:\Series\Breaking Bad\Season01\Breaking.Bad.S01E01.Pilot.avi works

all other episodes from first season getting scraped too in this folder.

E:\Series\Breaking Bad\Season02\Breaking Bad S02E02 - In der Falle.avi --> not working

I tried different naming combinations, force the scrape with the xbmc filebrowser, also tried to put the movie files all into one folder --> no sucess

so how
Quote:E:\Series\Breaking Bad\Season01\Breaking.Bad.S01E01.Pilot.avi works

all other episodes from first season getting scraped too in this folder.

E:\Series\Breaking Bad\Season02\Breaking Bad S02E02 - In der Falle.avi --> not working

You should give an example where you have actually used the same naming standard in both seasons or one could jump the the conclusion that the difference is the issue....
(space and - versus .)

Like you have already have been adviced use a renamer to re-sort all of them => problem solved. I really like sorttv script.
Ok I tried the renamer thing, but no luck at first but after I removed the path of my shows from library and afterwards added again they seem to be found.

thanks to everybody I´m happy now

still not knowing the reason for the problem...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
adding tvshow with multiple season?0