How do you store your movies
hey guys, the greatness that is xbmc continues!  i originally modded my xbox and installed xbmc to simply play my mp3s--stored on my pc hard drive in the office--in the living room.
...but...
...since then it has amazed me what my xbox/xbmc is capable of--i have dreamed of disposing of my cd player/cds since i made my first mp3, and it's become a reality, but i never realized this would extend to all of my media!  so now that i have my music and games all on hdd i'm now discovering that i can store all of my movies on my pc and stream them to my xbox as well--that makes my xbox a one stop entertainment shop! (and you just have to love browsing your movies by movie poster through your tv!Wink

so, after my long winded intro, here is my question--for those of you storing dvds on your pc/xbox hdds how do you do this?  i am pretty picky about picture quality, so quality is definitly a priority over quantity and i would assume copying the dvd straight to the hard drive would be my best bet.  the thing is, i noticed my kill bill vol.2(my test disc) took up 7+gb on it's own.  on the flip side, i have a few avi's that take up much less but the quality just isn't the same. so, is there a way to retain the dvd quality while reducing the size or is it one or the other?

thanks for any info/input, and thanks for sticking with this long winded post--i just can't get over how great this setup is!

jason

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you store your movies0