Problems with connecting to my NAS throuht Apple TV2
Hi All

I just bought a Qnap and installed the latest firmware and everything just was a succes.

Connection from NAS to Playstation 3 = Succes, can find photos, songs and movies and plays well.

Connection from NAS to iTunes = Succes, play music
Connection from NAS to iPad = Incomplete, the video lack and are slow.
Connection from NAS to iPhonee = Incomplete, the video lack and are slow.
Connection from NAS to XMBC/Apple TV2 = Incomplete

Its funny, i can find the Twonky Server on the XMBC, but I can add it and if I look in the folders the files dosent show its empty, even though there are about 20 movies and 6000 songs.

Do you have some good ideas I need to look in, maybe a change in setings.
I use SMB from QNAP to XBMC on all platforms.

Works great, I encourage you to do the same. Personally I've setup all my stuff by going under 'networks' and browsing and going by machine name (netbios) so when I use remote library with mysql the same db works everywhere. Smile

Congrats on the QNAP tho, they are my fav NAS's by far. Be sure to figure out all the glitches between computer sharing (load up XBMC on your laptop/desktop and test with that) before proceeding to ATV2 setup. It'll make things easier.

Good luck!
I also have a QNAP, but using FTP instead of SMB for now and using the MYSQL install on the NAS for a central database.

Haven't updated to the latest firmware on the NAS as yet so maybe something there?
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with connecting to my NAS throuht Apple TV20