• 1(current)
Anybody know a GOOD file renamer?
Sad 
I just need a file renamer for TV shows I download to get them into the SxxExx format and NONE of them I tried work. For example, I have a folder structure that goes: The Monkees/Season 1/Episode 1 etc.... meaning the main folder is the TV name, the sub folder has the season number and then the shows in each folder simply say "Episode 1- "show name"" And even with all of that... NO PROGRAM I try (I tried at least 6) work to put it in the SxxExx format because it is not ALREADY in that format!!! lol "The Renamer" does not even want to give it a shot because there is no "name" or "season" in front of the file name. And all other programs will either not even try... OR just put S01E01 in order next to each show, screwing up the real information. :mad:
http://www.tvrename.com/
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
If you want one that is extremely easy to use but works very well then the one below will do the job I use to run it along side SABnzbd

http://tvrenamer.com/
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:If you want one that is extremely easy to use but works very well then the one below will do the job I use to run it along side SABnzbd

http://tvrenamer.com/

When I try tvrenamer with shows that have "name" episode 1... it renames all of them the EXACT same thing. It does not fix my problem but thank you.
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:http://www.tvrename.com/

OK, this program looked perfect. i really like some of the features. Unfortunately I ran it for the first time and it seemed to work fine but now when I run it again and try to scan my "TV" folders it keeps saying it can't find (and then lists each show and season I have) lol.
Well the tv rename program does not do well either. For whatever reasons half or more shows show up as "missing" when I scan for them even though they are already labeled SxxExx and I have to go in and manually point to each one for the software... it's not that hard as like I said, they are already labeled that way, but it is time consuming.
use sickbeard to manage your tv shows and you'll never look back.
Nick8888 Wrote:use sickbeard to manage your tv shows and you'll never look back.
+1
It truly is amazing. I never even touch them again!
Server - Debain Squeeze Server + 6TB RAID5 + Sabnzbd + CP & SB
HTPC - Zotac MAG + 60GB Vertex 2 SSD + OpenELEC Frodo 12.1 + Aeon Nox
HTPC 2 - AppleTV 2
One program, its the program. If you have tried six and managed to make none of them work, could you be doing something incorrectly?
Catchy Signature Here
SleepyP Wrote:One program, its the program. If you have tried six and managed to make none of them work, could you be doing something incorrectly?

Lol... A valid question no doubt. But I assure you it is just the programs. Seems like none that I have tried could do everything I needed. Some were good at one thing and some at another. It's frustrating. Lots of them were good at looking up the shows, or removing crap from the title (like dvdrip or the rippers name) but none would accurately rename them in a way XBMC would pick up.
Nick8888 Wrote:use sickbeard to manage your tv shows and you'll never look back.

Sickbeard looks cool but what I have mostly downloaded are hard to find "old" Tv shows... that's the problem with them not being already named in "today's" format. It's all nostalgia stuff. But i do D/L some new shows so I am for sure gonna try that program. Thank you, I would not have found it otherwise. So far the "Tv Rename" program is the best for what I need.
tommymsw Wrote:Sickbeard looks cool but what I have mostly downloaded are hard to find "old" Tv shows... that's the problem with them not being already named in "today's" format. It's all nostalgia stuff. But i do D/L some new shows so I am for sure gonna try that program. Thank you, I would not have found it otherwise. So far the "Tv Rename" program is the best for what I need.

Sickbeard uses thetvdb.com I'm pretty sure so just create an account there and add the shows it is missing. I am yet to find a single show which isn't on thetvdb apart from sport.

If they are not named in a recognizable ["today's"] format then how is any program supposed to determine how to rename it automatically?
Nick8888 Wrote:Sickbeard uses thetvdb.com I'm pretty sure so just create an account there and add the shows it is missing. I am yet to find a single show which isn't on thetvdb apart from sport.

If they are not named in a recognizable ["today's"] format then how is any program supposed to determine how to rename it automatically?

Well that is the point to begin with. I would like to NOT have to manually rename them. As you see in my first post I may have a show that says The Monkeys\Season 1\ Episode 1 "episode name"

But XBMC will not pick up the episode this way. I was hoping a program could scrape the episodes from the information I had already and then rename them in the right format. I also had other problems like "American Dad" would not work with any program simply because it did not have the "!" at the end of "American Dad".
So I downloaded and set up Sick Beard and no help with my problem... I just get a billion errors that read "This show isn't in your list, you need to add it to SB before post-processing an episode" for almost every show I have on my PC. But no worries, at this point I am interested in using this program to download. I have a membership at Tvtorrents.com but I can't seem to get the program to work with it. Not sure what I am supposed to put in TvTorrents Hash: or TvTorrents Digest:
I am assuming that is why it is not working. Please tell me you can answer this?
tommymsw Wrote:So I downloaded and set up Sick Beard and no help with my problem... I just get a billion errors that read "This show isn't in your list, you need to add it to SB before post-processing an episode" for almost every show I have on my PC.

Hover over "Home"
Click "Add show"
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anybody know a GOOD file renamer?0