• 3(current)
Anybody know a GOOD file renamer?
darkscout Wrote:You need 2 different things. Inside the brackets is what goes where.

ya, I wrote the administrator at Tvtorrents to try to find out what I need to put in "digest" and "hash". Slick beard seems like such a good program, I would love to get it working any way possible. Still don't know why EZRSS is not working.
You can do a manual post processing in sickbeard without setting it up for torrents but with those shows name like The Monkeys\Season 1\ Episode 1 "episode name" I doubt very much that it will be able to process them for all the reasons I posted previously there are certain things that are required in the file names

Most apps are going to see Episode as the show name and even if you changed it to

Show name "episode name"

it has no way of telling which part is the show name and which part is the episode name

So unless you change your naming convention your just be going round in circles
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Ok I found out why I was unable to download from EZRSS with Sick beard. I had "SD" for quality selected for the show. I selected "all" for quality and now I am fine. Two things I am still curious about though. In Sick Beard I have to manually tell it to download the "wanted" shows by clicking on the magnifying glass. And even when it adds the torrent to uTorrent, I still have to tell uTorrent what folder I want it saved in. So as of now it does not seem very automated. Seems like it just may be easier to be an rss feed in uTorrent where I think I can then choose the folder to save in? Or am I missing something in Sick Beard?
tommymsw Wrote:Ok I found out why I was unable to download from EZRSS with Sick beard. I had "SD" for quality selected for the show. I selected "all" for quality and now I am fine. Two things I am still curious about though. In Sick Beard I have to manually tell it to download the "wanted" shows by clicking on the magnifying glass. And even when it adds the torrent to uTorrent, I still have to tell uTorrent what folder I want it saved in. So as of now it does not seem very automated. Seems like it just may be easier to be an rss feed in uTorrent where I think I can then choose the folder to save in? Or am I missing something in Sick Beard?

Explaining to you is torture.

Sickbeard makes everything 10000% automated. You just have not configured it. I'm not sure what you think computer programs are but they are not able to read your thoughts...

EDIT: Yes you are missing a lot. https://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/wiki/PostProcessing
Nick8888 Wrote:Explaining to you is torture.

Sickbeard makes everything 10000% automated. You just have not configured it. I'm not sure what you think computer programs are but they are not able to read your thoughts...

EDIT: Yes you are missing a lot. https://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/wiki/PostProcessing

Alright I see... That is what I figured. My problem with this was that once Sick Beard moves and renames the TV shows, uTorrent will no longer be able to share them. I see there is a "keep original files" option so I suppose I am stuck with deciding to either not share my files (I would never do that) or have the files take up twice the space as they need to. If I configure uTorrent rss feature, I can do the same thing without the limitations... it just wont look as cool. lol I suppose that is what I will do as it will take less steps and take up less room.
Nick8888 Wrote:Explaining to you is torture.

And XBMC was super easy to set up and it is VERY intuitive. Almost as if it is reading my mind? Also there are a TON of setup guides for it so you don't have to spend a ton of time figuring out how to configure it. I am not bashing Sick Beard, it is a great idea. It probably just works MUCH better with NZB files. Just like they say. lol I am a torrent guy and I am not sure I want to do all the research and pay the money to use this program in the fashion it was meant for. Sounds like a great program though and thank you for your help. I just need a noob NZB page as I know NOTHING about them and they seem to need some background to use. Not "plug and play" if you will?
tommymsw Wrote:Alright I see... That is what I figured. My problem with this was that once Sick Beard moves and renames the TV shows, uTorrent will no longer be able to share them. I see there is a "keep original files" option so I suppose I am stuck with deciding to either not share my files (I would never do that) or have the files take up twice the space as they need to. If I configure uTorrent rss feature, I can do the same thing without the limitations... it just wont look as cool. lol I suppose that is what I will do as it will take less steps and take up less room.

Again, I point out the title of this thread.
tommymsw Wrote:Alright I see... That is what I figured. My problem with this was that once Sick Beard moves and renames the TV shows, uTorrent will no longer be able to share them. I see there is a "keep original files" option so I suppose I am stuck with deciding to either not share my files (I would never do that) or have the files take up twice the space as they need to. If I configure uTorrent rss feature, I can do the same thing without the limitations... it just wont look as cool. lol I suppose that is what I will do as it will take less steps and take up less room.

There are a few ways to get around this.

1) Have SB move the files without leaving the originals. Then set uTorrent to seed until it hits the 1.0 ratio. At that point it will stop seeding and then SB can move the file.

2) Paste the following code into a text file, name it and save it with a .bat extension. (My paths will be different than yours. Edit accordingly).

Code:
taskkill /im utorrent* /f
cd\
e:
cd downloaded_dropbox\Completed Downloads
ECHO Y | DEL *.*
start "" "c:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe"

Then create a scheduled task to run as often as you like (I do it nightly at 3:00am).

This will kill uTorrent, delete the completed files and then start uTorrent again. For me SB is scheduled to update every 5 min. By scheduling it to run at 3:00am I am sure that SB will have all ready used the files.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
htpc guy Wrote:There are a few ways to get around this.

1) Have SB move the files without leaving the originals. Then set uTorrent to seed until it hits the 1.0 ratio. At that point it will stop seeding and then SB can move the file.

2) Paste the following code into a text file, name it and save it with a .bat extension. (My paths will be different than yours. Edit accordingly).

Code:
taskkill /im utorrent* /f
cd\
e:
cd downloaded_dropbox\Completed Downloads
ECHO Y | DEL *.*
start "" "c:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe"

Then create a scheduled task to run as often as you like (I do it nightly at 3:00am).

This will kill uTorrent, delete the completed files and then start uTorrent again. For me SB is scheduled to update every 5 min. By scheduling it to run at 3:00am I am sure that SB will have all ready used the files.

htpc guy. You are WAY better at this stuff than I am. When my friends call me a geek, I wonder where you guys are! lol Now that is the answer I was looking for!
Nick8888 Wrote:Again, I point out the title of this thread.

Um you are the guy who pointed out this program right? So I assumed you knew what you were talking about. I know what assume does. lol The point is still that it did not work at ALL for what i needed, (the Tv rename program was the best) we are all trying to help one another out right? but I did think Sick Beard seemed interesting. Although I am still stuck with the fact that I do have to manually tell it to download the shows. Even when they are listed as "wanted" it does nothing till I hit that little magnifying glass.
Nick8888 Wrote:Again, I point out the title of this thread.

How can you argue that they need a noob setup? It is a (crappy) part of making a program. This is probably a great program... but it does need more support. I am not an idiot, i just don't want to spend hours looking stuff up to get a program to work, that is all part of the program development.
tommymsw Wrote:Um you are the guy who pointed out this program right? So I assumed you knew what you were talking about. I know what assume does. lol The point is still that it did not work at ALL for what i needed, (the Tv rename program was the best) we are all trying to help one another out right? but I did think Sick Beard seemed interesting. Although I am still stuck with the fact that I do have to manually tell it to download the shows. Even when they are listed as "wanted" it does nothing till I hit that little magnifying glass.

You asked for a program which will rename your tv shows than you complained about the suggestion because it renames your tv shows.

Anyone who puts in the time to configure sickbeard, rather than immediately complain because it doesn't do "X", will find it is the best solution for downloading and managing tv shows.

You are correct, its ability in finding torrents is far below finding nzb's. If I were you I would read one of the many guides on Usenet and pay the money for a usenet provider. With sabnzbd it is no more difficult that using torrents.

"wanted" episodes are in your backlog which doesn't continuously run. Instead it runs every few days or so. You also have the ability to do a manual backlog search via "Manage" > "Manage Searches"
Nick8888 Wrote:You asked for a program which will rename your tv shows than you complained about the suggestion because it renames your tv shows.

Anyone who puts in the time to configure sickbeard, rather than immediately complain because it doesn't do "X", will find it is the best solution for downloading and managing tv shows.

You are correct, its ability in finding torrents is far below finding nzb's. If I were you I would read one of the many guides on Usenet and pay the money for a usenet provider. With sabnzbd it is no more difficult that using torrents.

"wanted" episodes are in your backlog which doesn't continuously run. Instead it runs every few days or so. You also have the ability to do a manual backlog search via "Manage" > "Manage Searches"

Thank you, I appreciate your help, and I was not complaining, I was simply saying that this program is just probably better with NBZs. Thank you for the info about the "wanted" files. I was unable to find a setting for it so I was not sure how it worked. Any user guides that have don't really cover using it with torrents.
Nick8888 Wrote:You asked for a program which will rename your tv shows than you complained about the suggestion because it renames your tv shows.

Just as an FYI for Sick Beard as a TV show renamer. I looked at everything after it renamed them and found some interesting things. Some shows it would rename episodes 01-19 but then ignored 20-40 even though they were all named in the same way to start with in the (S01E01 format). SB says I am missing the files it didn't rename. Also, some of my files were already set up correctly AND had the episode names at the end, and SB removed the episode name and replaced them with Show#1 and so on. This is what I have noticed in the first few shows I looked at. I have not gone through them all yet. So far Tv Rename works the best for simply renaming the shows.
Does the TV show exist on TVDB?
How does the TV show exist on TVDB?
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anybody know a GOOD file renamer?0