Airfoil Type Plugin
I'm not sure how many people have checked out AirFoil, but it offers a great way to provide multi-location playback without being limited to using iTunes. I think it would be really slick if there was a plug-in for XBMC that would easily let you select the zones/locations for audio. In my perfect world, you would just use the Apple protocol for remote playback so you could see any AirPort Express or computer with Shairport running and direct playback there. Additionally I'd love to have an iOS port of Shairport, so instead of having to buy a collection of AE's, amps, speakers, I could use my existing iPhones, iTouches, and iPad with my existing iHome docking stations to stream music remotely all over my house. Also would be very easy to quickly move the music wherever I wanted it. Before I get too far down the road of development I thought I'd solicit some thoughts from others if A) they think this is a great idea, and B) if there is something existing I don't know about that can do it, or at least a good starting point.

-Chris

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airfoil Type Plugin0