[Win 7 x64] Video Stutter only in XBMC
Ok Guys,

i have read many posts on this and while everyone seems to have the problem they are all not MY problem. or so it seems.

Just built a new system for XBMC

CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core
GPU: Intel HD 2000 onboard w/CPU
HDD: OCZ Agility SSD 60gig
RAM: G.SKILL Value Series 4GB DDR3 1333
MB: Shuttle XPC SH67H3 LGA1155/ Intel H67/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&V&GbE/ 300W Mini PC Barebone System

This box is connected to my server via Netgear GB switch. connection speed between server and XBMC PC is 54MB/sec tested with a 25gig file transfer.

Heres my problem. a file on my desktop played via WMP9 plays flawless. no lag no stutter. same file played from the desktop via XBMC lags and stutters horribly, and audio is slightly behind. the same effect also happens when i change source from local video file to a video file on my server over the GB switch. however I can play the same file from the server through WMP9 flawless.

I am running the latest version of XBMC via download link from this site. i am not running a nightly build. this is on a fresh clean install of windows 7 x64 with all updates. no codecs installed. no mucking about. purpose of this box is for playing movies only.

This happens for Both 720p and 1080p all play fine with WMP9 and they are all jitters and out of sync in XBMC.

heres my log.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3cdgfndfqwr33cy

Sorry about mediafire, its my only share option Sad

Please help me.. im at a loss.

Thanks Everyone.

Huh
For anyone who finds this and has the same problems as me this is what i did and it fixed it for me.

first Audio.

Settings>System>Audio Output

1. Boost Volume level on downmix = disabled. ( i was getting a bunch of buffering every minute or so. once i disabled this it went away)
2. I changed Audio Output device to the device that actually outputs my audio.

Now Video.

Settings>Videos>playback tab

1. Render Method = Software (i had this on auto and my video was absolute garbage. stutters and pixels and blurs you name it.)

2. Allow Hardware acceleration (DXVA2) = off (with this enabled it looks like im on an acid trip, rainbow colors and pixelations everywhere.. absolutely unwatchable.)

3. Adjust Display rate to match Video = off

4. Sync playback to display = off

5. Video post-processing = Always enabled

6. Activate Teletext = on

If its not here then i didnt change it on the tab from the default setting.

I was getting horrid lag in videos and audio was off. i started making one change at a time and checking the status. until i came on this setup..

Now i can playback videos perfectly and my audio is on target.

Hope this can help someone else cause i see so many of these posts with variable problems.

Good LUCK!
my experience with a brand new install is similar and different ?
I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit with XBMC 10.1 on my
older AOpen MP945VXR (Core 2 Duo, 1MB, Intel graphics).

Out of the box, HD content played with a slight lag/stutter.
After I changed the video settings to "Enable DXVA2" and
"post processing only for SD content", HD content played fine.

In my case, since I have limited/older hardware, I need all hardware help
I can get. In your case, it seems that since you have new and more powerful
hardware, your switch to software fixed the problem for now, but there might
be another problem somewhere. Maybe your graphics drivers ? (just guessing)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Win 7 x64] Video Stutter only in XBMC0