Newbie Questions
Getting ready to go to HTPC/XBMC for the 1st time.

Questions:

1 - Can XBMC "map" to several hard drives to obtain movie (.iso) files? (I have several HDD (totaling 8-10 TBs) containing iso's - not in any raid configuration)

2 - If answer to #1 is yes, will XBMC be able to show my entire movie library (spread out in several hard drives) in one master (searchable) library?

3 - Do I need to place these individual movies (iso's) in separate folders?

Sorry for these newbie/basic questions, but thanks for your answers/advice.
Star 
1) Yes, I'm not that familiar with ISO's having only a few myself, but yes XBMC organizes across multiple drives once the source is designated.

2) Yes it searches the entire data base, in reality searching the library which is local. It's now faster for me to use the XBMC search command to find a movie instead of rooting around with a shell window or O/S search function in ten drives.

3) I would be best to have everything in individual folders (although it may not be needed immediately) for ease of use, fanart, extras etc. I've ripped most into .mkv's with handbrake, works like a dream.

Ask all the questions you want... XBMC forums is the place to ask.
Thanks!

I really need to know about the ISO's. IF it recognizes and plays ISO files - then I am ready to go forward! (I think)

Thanks again.
It plays iso files just fine, but you will want them in their separate folders.
Gr8 - now to pick pick out an HTPC and get on with making a few thousand folders!!

My HTPC/XBMC journey begins nowBig Grin

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie Questions0