Display Movie Information
Hey everyone,

I have a few questions about displaying the movie properties. I'm sorry if these questions are answered elsewhere but I have searched google and these forums for longer than I care to admit and can't seem to find an answer.

1. In the Movie Details screen where it shows year made, run time, rating, plot, etc. it also has icons for audio format (DTS, Dolby Digital, etc), video (DVD, Bluray), and rating. All my dvds have the DVD icon, however none of the Blurays I ripped have the bluray icon. How do i fix this?

2. The icons for audio pick up and displays the image for Dolby Digital True-HD, however, it doesn't display the icon for DTS-HD or DTS-HD MA. How can I change this?

3. I've seen some that displays whether the movie is 5.1, 7.1, etc., how can I add this to the Movie Details screen?

I know that these are pretty trivial matters, but I can be a bit OCD at times. I've seen screenshots of other people's XBMC have these icons, and I'm just curious as to how they were able to do it.
Update: I have figured out how to get the Bluray image to display, but I still can't figure out how to change the other two items listed above. Any help would be much appreciated.
runner1715 Wrote:Update: I have figured out how to get the Bluray image to display, but I still can't figure out how to change the other two items listed above. Any help would be much appreciated.

"flagging" is what u are talking about, first it depends on the skin. does the skin support it, yes/no. kinda matters, cause you can always edit the xml file to include flagging.
what skin are you using?
take a look at IncludesCodecFlagging.xml that might have some hints.
also you can always add those icons dvd, aspec ratio. etc... but a good place to start is to see if the skin supports them by default.

my skin cruzan.confluence has all those flagging included.
Sorry, I guess I should have included that information in my original post. I'm using Dharma 10.1 with Confluence. I checked the Includescodecflagging.xml and I don't see the DTS MA, only Dolby Digital.

I've never really edited an .xml file before. Where is a good place to learn about it, or has someone else already posted a solution to this and I just can't seem to find it? I did find the some of the images in this post:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ght=truehd
Thanks for the response. I guess I should have included that information in my first post. I'm using Dharma 10.1 with Confluence. I checked my IncludesCodecFlagging.xml and it only shows Dolby Digital. Since I've never edited .xml files before, or really anything like it, is there somewhere you recommend I go to learn the basics? Also, I found some of the images I would like to use for this in another post and online, I'm just assuming that I would need .png file extensions since that's basically all I saw in the .xml file? Or has someone else already created the code and I just can't find it for some reason? I feel like copying and pasting is much easier than learning how to do it.
DTS-HD or DTS-HD MA were not detected in dharma version of xbmc (not the skin) if you want that you will need to update to nightlies also its only detected not bit streamed yet
So when I have seen other people change their icons for bluray, mpaa ratings, etc., they are going through and editing the xml files in the nightly builds and saying what image to use and where it is? Is it possible just to edit the file location and add these couple icons to the Dharma build? Or is it just better to download the newest version of the nightly build, which correct me if I'm wrong is the 20110511 master.exe (getting from xbmc's website)? Sorry if these seem like stupid questions, but I'm new to this.
runner1715 Wrote:So when I have seen other people change their icons for bluray, mpaa ratings, etc., they are going through and editing the xml files in the nightly builds and saying what image to use and where it is? Is it possible just to edit the file location and add these couple icons to the Dharma build? Or is it just better to download the newest version of the nightly build, which correct me if I'm wrong is the 20110511 master.exe (getting from xbmc's website)? Sorry if these seem like stupid questions, but I'm new to this.

yes and no again. like jezz said, the dts in the nightlies, newer version. i am using 10.1 and have included aspec ratio and bluray dvd audio , mpaa rating, video codec ( not all like i said prior) but yes if its no tin the skin by default then you have to add it by editing the xml, with that being said it also depends on if xbmc can detect the info( dts like u are lookign for) but other that the dts most things are detected. also ur media hopefully is tagged( flagged) accordingly. followHuh
see image below, this is a mod of confluence to include the falgs i wanted and (color images for flags)

on a side note, has anyone taken the time to go throught he xmls and fix this long outstanding issue? the issue is:
wide banners work , but poster dont and vice versa, for tv shows...

in some views the wide banner is forced into poster view and distorted?
i suggest jsut editing the xmls in question to either a custom naming convention or to hard code it to look for poster instead of wide icon ? any suggestions before i jump down into this to get it started?
Yeah, I follow what you are saying. As far as having my media tagged accordingly, I have the .NFO files up to date and have also been letting XBMC do some of the work through scrapping IMDB and other sites. This probably isn't what you mean though, haha. I heard of EMM today, but I also saw that the website is down and can no longer use it. Can you recommend a good program for me to edit the data? Also, what are you using to edit the xml documents?

Also, that skin looks pretty sick. I looked at your other post, MOD Customizable Confluence, and I like the Genre Wall as well. Also, did you find that color 5.1 icon online or did you create it yourself?
runner1715 Wrote:Yeah, I follow what you are saying. As far as having my media tagged accordingly, I have the .NFO files up to date and have also been letting XBMC do some of the work through scrapping IMDB and other sites. This probably isn't what you mean though, haha. I heard of EMM today, but I also saw that the website is down and can no longer use it. Can you recommend a good program for me to edit the data? Also, what are you using to edit the xml documents?

Also, that skin looks pretty sick. I looked at your other post, MOD Customizable Confluence, and I like the Genre Wall as well. Also, did you find that color 5.1 icon online or did you create it yourself?

oh thank you Smile, i used to use EMM , also if you look in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90682 , i believe someone is tryign to keep it alive, but use at your own risk as i beleive the real developers stopped developing and this is just someone trying to keep it alive. i honestly just use xbmc for scrapping ( TMDB) ( i found it scrapped more better images and fanart than IMDB but to each thier own ). and im fine with what it does get. i havent really worried about what it does or doesn't not flag in the nfo as it does enough for me for now. once i get all my skins set up i might look into it , but not yet. so sorry im no help with the nfo's but im sure there is a thread for that.
to edit xmls , oh man , lol i use notepad ++ , im not too sure what other people use Jezz might shed soem light, but thats what i use.
my media flags and studio icons , i got from the simplicity skin actually. and jsut incorporated them into confluence. see the rest of the MOD Customizable Confluence post for more screenshots of my skin around page 17 through 26. ill post a link and let you down load the new Cruzan confluence that i just finished about an hour ago , and if you like so u can see how far u can mod confluece with just notepad ++ Smile
Cool. I actually use IMDB for the movie information, but I get majority of my images from TMDB. I also went ahead and downloaded the trailers from HD-trailers.net and another webpage called Dave's Trailers, so I wouldn't have to buffer and wait for it to load. This way I can also download them 1080P when available. I have found the .NFOs to be helpful at times for creating movie sets or editing little things, such as changing titles and sometimes not all my mpaa ratings show up, etc.

I actually found a work around "solution" so far for two of the problems I mentioned earlier. I downloaded the Git version of XBMC from their website, deleted off and updated the media folder and the IncludeCodecFlagging.xml. Then I just deleted off the .dca for DTS audio and replaced it with an image of DTS-HD MA with the same file name. I know I probably shouldn't do that, but there's another whole icon there for DTS so why not? As my bluray collection is small right now, its easy just to change the one item in .NFO files. I also changed the bluray.png to a blue version of the logo. I know it's not a big change, but I like it better. Finally, I repeated the prior process with the 1080.png with a gold one similar to the one in the Aeon Support forum, "New Media Flags" on page 4. Now all that's left is to update some of the Ratings.png.

However, I still can't get the audio channels to show up, ie 5.1 etc. It's in the .NFO correctly, but it's not displaying the movie details. Any suggestions?
do you have <include name="AspectCodecFlaggingConditions"> and/or <include name="AudioCodecFlaggingConditions"> in your IncludesCodecFlagging.xml
if you do , then add you images to /media/flagging/audio/(then the name of the file) and for aspecratio /media/flagging/aspectratio/(then the name of the file)
If you can understand what the xml is sayign that would be great. it tells you where it is looking and what type of file it is looking for. now for the naming convention of the files ( audio and aspect) i could look it up but i acquired mine from someone else and they had them all named appropriately.

Cruzan Confluence 5.28.11
http://www.mediafire.com/?gxcex9l4kjk55e7

and check out this thread too.. this is where i will be posting
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=102423
I'm including what I have in the IncludesCodecFlagging.xml below. But what you are saying, just to make sure I understand this correctly, where it says "Dolby Digital Image" and "flagging/audio/dolbydigital.png" I would need to copy and paste this entire string and then just change the Dolby Digital part to whatever I wanted as long I as I had the .png to match it? Would I be able to just copy the IncludesCodecFlagging from a nightly or from yours and replace mine with it?

-<include name="AudioCodecFlaggingConditions">
-<control type="image">
<description>Dolby Digital Image</description>
<width>90</width>
<height>33</height>
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
<texture>flagging/audio/dolbydigital.png</texture>
<visible>[stringcompare(ListItem.AudioCodec,ac3) + stringcompare(ListItem.AudioChannels,6)]</visible>
</control> -<control type="image">
<description>Audio Codec Image</description>
<width>90</width>
<height>33</height>
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.AudioCodec,flagging/audio/,.png]</texture>
<!-- Don't show if I want the Dolby Digital Logo -->
<visible>![stringcompare(ListItem.AudioCodec,ac3) + stringcompare(ListItem.AudioChannels,6)]</visible>
</control>
</include>
-<include name="AspectCodecFlaggingConditions">
-<control type="image">
<description>Aspectratio Image</description>
<width>60</width>
<height>33</height>
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.VideoAspect,flagging/aspectratio/,.png]</texture>
</control>
</include>
<control type="image">
<description>Audio Channels Image</description>
<width>76</width>
<height>40</height>
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.AudioChannels,flagging/audio/,.png]</texture>
</control>

this is the only other image i have in my audio group that you dont, so in theory if you add this, plus the images associated with the channels, ( 0-10.png ) in /flagging/audio/ , and your view (s) already show the info, it should populate and show the channel images

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display Movie Information0