Nightly Builds with Neon
I'm reading that the current Neon skin isn't available with the latest nightly builds.

Is there an ETA on when it will become available under an Eden codebase such that the official Xbmc repo will offer up Neon once more?
The git and passion repo versions are pre-Eden compatible. I still have to push to pre-eden xbmc repo but I have a lot of minor fixes to get done first.
-stoli-
Thanks for the reply Stoli.

This will reveal a gap in knowledge of development, but how do I add the Git and/or Passion repos? I thought GIT was the official XBMC repo anyhow. BTW: I Have added custom repos using a ZIP file and browsed to it from xbmc interface, but I do not see a central place to acquire a 'git repo' for XBMC per say. The repo addition piece is not as automatically extensible as adding an add-on from a repo you have access to already.

Any basic guidance or URL explaining would be sufficient for me.

Thanks.
Here are the 'unofficial repos' - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Uno...positories. Install the passion repo and that will have Eden ready builds of Noen. Git will allow access to downloading the entire skin manually...
-stoli-
Big Grin 
azaze1 Wrote:Thanks for the reply Stoli.

This will reveal a gap in knowledge of development, but how do I add the Git and/or Passion repos? I thought GIT was the official XBMC repo anyhow. BTW: I Have added custom repos using a ZIP file and browsed to it from xbmc interface, but I do not see a central place to acquire a 'git repo' for XBMC per say. The repo addition piece is not as automatically extensible as adding an add-on from a repo you have access to already.

Any basic guidance or URL explaining would be sufficient for me.

Thanks.

Azaze1,

Here you can download the Passion-Repo.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=628636
Just install it as addon form zip.

Raptylos

Edit: Stoli was quicker... Smile
Thanks guys,

I've got the passion repo added and I can see Neon, though it is still marked Broken. I guess that's just a friendly disclaimer and it'll still work... I'll expect some issues knowing it's still being worked on for pre-eden.
Same hare.
I tried today last Nightly build and when I install Passion add-on, NEON SVM is marked as Broken.
I was having some weirdness with the Neon SVN and nightlies where I was getting an error (notification) saying that the dependencies were not met.

When I uninstalled the skin and tried to reinstall I couldn't because the skin was marked as broken. I just downloaded from the Passion website and installed manually and it works like a treat.
I'm not sure what the Passion Repo uses to determine it is broken....as mentioned a manual download should work just fine.
-stoli-
Please tell me that the skins are being updated for ATV2. I have been using XBMC on the ATV for quite sometime and I think the Neon skin is brilliant. The functionality is the best especialy in Showcase mode for my movie folders.
It keeps crashing on the ATV2. Why the hell do most of the other skins omit the mpaa ratings or only allow you to view it in library mode? this is one of the most useful functions and allows the parents to know what the kids can watch imediately. Stars, year, file info, plot, genre and MPAA should be an option on every skin in file mode. I categorize my movies by files in different storage areas. Such as airport movies on a hard drive connected to my airport extream, new releases on a hard drive for recently downloaded movies, etc. Also if the movie is not scraped correctly it wont show in library. I have over a thousand movies and its anoying to switch between file mode and library. Anyway can you please tell me how far away we are from a fully operational Neon skin? Which I believe is based from the nightly build.

Thanks for everything

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using the latest atv2 nightly and latest Neon shouldn't present any problems.
-stoli-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nightly Builds with Neon0