[PATCH] Add builtin function for fast profile switch
Hi,

This function simply switchs profiles like normal LoadProfile does, but keeps current window (aka it doesnt change to main screen) and doesnt clean playlist (this could be done with parameters as optional? i dont use playlists except current one playing). <-- Made a new method/function on the windowloginscreen so it doesnt break dependencies *i hope* dont worry Tongue.

Been yesterday and today asking about something to do this, i've done it myself, but if some1 wants to use it, better check the code (i think its fine, working great for want i wanted to do).

Its for self-use and if some1 else wants it... also its only a matter of copy/paste (yeah i know...) and removing some calls.

The new function its:

LoadProfileFast(profilename,['prompt'])

Sample:

<f1>LoadProfileFast(FullSVSync)</f1>
<f2>LoadProfileFast(NoFullVSync)</f2>
<f3>LoadProfileFast(Master user)</f3>
(i use this to switch between full-screen and vsync on/off configs since it seems that there is no perfect option in windows7 for every film if you want to do background tasks @ other screen)

http://www.mediafire.com/?84nal70j7ya5x83

Also wanted to dont update <lastloaded>0</lastloaded>, on profiles.xml, but since i didnt manage to
(tried removing
+ g_settings.UpdateCurrentProfileDate();
+ g_settings.SaveProfiles(PROFILES_FILE);
and didnt work, so i better leave it on), i simply put profiles.xml to read-only for now.
Nice. Please send a pull-req or file a new trac ticket in order to get some input from the team.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PATCH] Add builtin function for fast profile switch0