Stuck in Mute
Hi and thank you for your time. I feel this question must be answered somewhere already but i can only find an answer related to xbox installs and I have no controllers so I don't think that could be the problem. My apologies if I'm asking a question already answered.

So, stepping back. I have XBMC installed on my computer. The computer is XP. The XBMC version is Dharma. The only remote I use is the Android app on my phone. Otherwise I use a mouse and keyboard.

Anyway, today I was listening to some music, and was outside when the album ended. I presume it just completed because nothing else was in the que. Later on when I tried to play more music though, I get no sound. There is a little red muted speaker icon in the upper right. Any other apps play just fine, so the system isn't muted.

I've tried restarting the program and the computer. neither resolved the problem.

Thanks very much for your time.
Press F8 to toggle the Mute.

JR
Thanks so much JR. That does indeed toggle off the mute button. I'm sure it just got hit on accident.

To my surprise though - the audio stays at a very low level. If I turn up the receiver to the point that it would be painful to stand in the room, I can barely hear it.

Again, other audio programs play audio fine. Is there a hidden volume function in xbmc that i can't find? I feel like an idiot, but it's pretty frustrating. I'm contemplating just uninstalling and reinstalling.

Thanks!
Star 
don't know what skin you're using.., but playing a video you should have some tools to adjust audio... the plus and minus keys on a keyboard (+ - ) also does this. XBMC will frustrate you to no end sooner or later if you haven't even looked at the wiki..
Awesome Pat! Thanks. Now I've got mute and volume keyboard shortcuts. I should probably see what other keyboard shortcuts are available as sometimes the little ones mash the keyboard when unattended.

I'll check the wiki closer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuck in Mute0