[ATV1] Freezing/buffering when playing from server
Hi everyone,

I've had this issue for about a month now. Some days it's worse than others. During playback the screen will freeze for 5-30 seconds, (on a rare day it'll go higher than 30). Before playback continues, it'll show me the "Buffering" in the corner.

I think it's my local server because I can stream 720 thru a couple of the plugins with no issues. The server has 2 purposes; DL content & store content. It's on pretty much 24/7.

Here's a link to my log. In this log file, the issue has happened twice;
http://pastebin.com/znkkXAML
connecting with WiFi or LAN ?

try clicking on the airport icon in top screen with ALT pressed. You can see your connection speed
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
LAN.

I just turned on the on-screen debugging & turned on the same 720p file, (WALL-E) I was using in the log file. When it froze the amount in memory fluttered back & forth between 9324& 9356b, (as best I could tell, the # kept flickering). Also, when it was frozen the CPU usage dropped to ~17% just before peaking ~84%.

I just happened to test this with a 720p file, (I figured I'd put more stress on the system on purpose) but it will do the same with half-hour TV shows or DVD quality movies.
(up, up & away!)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV1] Freezing/buffering when playing from server0