[APPLETV2] Is there a way to downgrade or start over?
Hello,

I am having issues with my videos playing and settings so i would like to start over. I am on version 4.3 and i would like to downgrade to 4.2.1 or start over from scratch. Is it possible and if so how. Also if someone would like to walk me threw id appreciate it but theres enough info i can do it again, i just dont wanna mess up.

AppleTV 2
Build: 4.3
Logs: Trying to get them now
shit doubled posted this :/
i installed NitoTV. They had a option to remove xbmc so i uninstalled and reinstalled. Now i can get to my settings. Now i still have issue with video playback being really choppy.
one word, stickies.
You should have a read of the stickys on top of this forum. I don't think apple is signing the ios 4.2.1 for atv2. In this case you will not be able to downgrade.The stickys contain information about installing the nightly builds which is what you'll need for your atv2 software version as the stable dharma version is incompatible with the latest atv2 software. They will give you information on current issues and how to handle them.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thank you Activate and i will read the stickies. I glanced threw them but i saw another post where you could downgrade with a older ipsw which i downloaded but didnt work and i installed the most recent nightly build prior to reinstalling XMBC and it gave me issues where i couldnt change settings. Thanks for help.
whotippedmycow Wrote:Thank you Activate and i will read the stickies. I glanced threw them but i saw another post where you could downgrade with a older ipsw which i downloaded but didnt work and i installed the most recent nightly build prior to reinstalling XBMC and it gave me issues where i couldnt change settings. Thanks for help.

You can only downgrade if
a) Apple's still signing the version you're downgrading to (in which case you grab the ipsw, connect atv2 /w usb, select the atv2 in iTunes under Devices and Shift-click restore and specify the ipsw) or
b) you have the SHSH blobs saved for the version you want to downgrade to

The jailbreak FAQ should have all those answers and more: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=99315

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLETV2] Is there a way to downgrade or start over?0