Scrapers are not working with UPNP?
Hello,

I use UPNP of my NAS (Synology DS211j) to stream my movies and everything work fine(including 1080p movies) Smile
But when I try to scrape the movie information, nothing is found Sad

When I use smb to connect the same share, information for all movies are found...

Where is my problem here?

Thanks for your help,
Urkman
It's not supported.

Had the same issue, but there is at least one thread on it [thread=39835]here[/thread].
--
XBMC HUB - THE NEW HOME FOR ADD-ONS and PLUGINS
Read how my ATV2 installation went
ATV2 one week on ... it's getting better all the time
XBMC/ATV2 - Feeling the love
--
XBMC:
Platform - Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F305)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
Platform - Darwin OSX (8.8.2 i386, Version 10.4.7 (Build 8N6014)).
11.0-RC2 - Built on Mar 1 2012 (Git:20120229-f38655f)
This is disappointing Sad

Using UPNP the movies stream fine, but no library functions.
Using samba the movies are buffering, but with library functions.

So, whats next Sad

Urkman
Try to access your flicks via FTP. The SMB proto is known to be slow as hell on those NAS devices.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hello,

vdrfan Wrote:Try to access your flicks via FTP. The SMB proto is known to be slow as hell on those NAS devices.

I will try, but SMB seems to be fast enough. When I copy the same file to my MacBook using SMB it only take 25 Minutes...

Urkman
Hello,

I tried ftp and it seems, that it is not buffering any more, but with ftp the movie is not very smooth Sad

So to get it all together:
- UPNP: No buffering, no library movies not very smooth
- smb: buffering, library OK, between the buffering the movie is playing smooth
- ftp: No buffering, library OK, movies not very smooth

So, there still seems to be no 100% solution to play 1080p movies Sad

Greetings,
Urkman
Fanart for Upnp is recently commited: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/239c...39a792101a
Hell, I'd be happy if it would just pull thumbnails from the source directory instead of forcing a download. The TV scrapers seem to work this way, but not the movie, and it takes a significantly longer amount of time.
Robotica Wrote:Fanart for Upnp is recently commited: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/239c...39a792101a

Does that mean it is included in the latest nightly or is it for later deployment?
RosevilleHT Wrote:Hell, I'd be happy if it would just pull thumbnails from the source directory instead of forcing a download. The TV scrapers seem to work this way, but not the movie, and it takes a significantly longer amount of time.

I'm using Playback (upnp server) on my mac to stream to my ATV2 and the thumbnails are generated using Quicklook.
Asgardsurfer Wrote:I'm using Playback (upnp server) on my mac to stream to my ATV2 and the thumbnails are generated using Quicklook.

I'm using Ember to pre-scrape all my movies and TV shows. Doesn't seem to matter though, XBMC forces a download of all the artwork, as far as I can tell (for movies).
XBMC scraper can partially work on UPnP sources if the server exposes the media file name in it's path unfortunately Synology do not and randomize the name so you get something like 3450.avi as the file name.

The only one I know of that does expose the file name is PS3 Media Server. You will also run into an issue where it's not possible to alter the movie ID so if it has been miss-identified you have to start from scratch again for all movies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scrapers are not working with UPNP?0